Help with pounded out flank steak whatver you call it..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpinmaryland

Sous Chef
I had a bunch of this so I am stir frying most of it for my dad and wife but I am also pounding out some of it for my six year old to soften it. I intend to broil it. Her teeth are not quite in and she doesnt like real chewy things. YOu'd think stir fry would be great for her situation but she usually doenst like chewing it up...

So I pounded out one of these steaks, I dont know if it's flank or whatever it's quite lean and seasoned with Montreal seasoning.

What other tips for grilling or broiling? Spices?

Yeah, I see that now...

Is there any way to salvage this stuff? Like can I deep fry it and hope to put some softeness/moisture back into it?

If it is overcooked then you are pretty much out of luck. If your daughter doesn't like to chew then flank steak is a bad choice. It is a touch piece of meat which is why it must not be over cooked and should be sliced thin and against the grain to make it as easy to eat as possible. Cutting it with the grain, or not cutting it thin or overcooking it will make it like chewing on rubber at best.

Hey Pureed Meat Rocks!

Two thumbs up to tropical cooker. I pureed it, made gravy out of butter/flour/beef boullion. Seasoned with Lowry's and Worcestshire. It was the best chipped beef or whatever. My daughter loved it she had two helpings. Major thanks..

Back
Top Bottom