Chocolate Delight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodi

Assistant Cook
Wasn't sure where to post this question, but picked this one.
Looking for a Chocolate Delight recipe that has the flour, butter and pecans for the crust.
The filling has cream cheese, powdered sugar, cool whip and Sweetened Condensed milk in it
3rd layer is pudding and milk.
Then cool whip and nuts on top.

I just want to know how much condensed milk to use? the whole can?
Anyone have a idea?

Thanks
rodi

I just want to know how much condensed milk to use? the whole can?
Anyone have a idea?

I can't find that specific recipe in my collection, but every other pie recipe that I have that uses sweetened condensed milk uses the whole 14 oz can.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know if a whole can would be too much liquid to the cream cheese. Guess I could start with a 1/2 can and then go from there. I like thing writing for the first time I make something, then I change things from there.

rodi

My recipe doesn't use condensed milk. I've had this recipe since the early 70's...it's written on a wrinkledy piece of scrap paper :LOL:

Crust: 1 cup flour, 1 cup finely chopped nuts, 1 stick butter. Mix together and press into 13x9 pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees; cool.

Blend 8 oz. cream cheese with 1 cup powdered sugar. Whip in 2 cups Cool Whip. Spread on crust layer.

Mix 1 package vanilla and 1 package chocolate pudding mixes with 3 cups cold milk. Spread on top of cheese layer.

Top with remaining 2 cups Cool Whip. Chill.

Sounds similar to Oreo Cookie Cake

Oreo Cookie Cake

1 lb package Oreo cookies
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 8 oz packages cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 16 oz container of Cool Whip
1 5 oz box instant chocolate pudding
1 3 oz box instant chocolate pudding
(You'll combine these mixes. If you can find an 8oz box, go for it.)
5 cups cold milk (for the pudding)

First layer: Crush Oreos (reserve 1/2 cup for topping) and spread on bottom of a 10x13 ungreased baking pan. Pour melted butter over cookie crumbs. Refrigerate 1 hour.

Second layer: Beat cream cheese with fork until smooth; add powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Stir in half the Cool Whip until blended. Pour over cookie layer. Refrigerate 1 hour.

Third layer: Mix pudding by package directions and pour over cream cheese layer. (Let pudding stand 5 minutes and then beat 1 minute more. It makes the pudding a little more firmer.) Refrigerate 1 hour.

Fourth layer: Top with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs. Refrigerate 1 hour.

Cut into squares and serve. Makes about 20 squares.

Back
Top Bottom