Cakes with Coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shalinee

Senior Cook
I love coffee and so are lots of others. Someone just said to me, 'How will the world be like without coffee?' That's really something to think about. After lots of failed attempts to make a good coffee cake, I finally got it right. It's really my best espresso coffee cake. My children said, 'It's so, so, so good!' It's very easy to make. There's more pictures and recipe at http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.com/2009/09/08/best-espresso-coffee-cake/

Cheers,
shalinee:chef:

tres leches+black coffee

Tres Leches cake goes really well with black coffee. i had it for desserts awhile ago and it was so good. I prefer it with a strong black coffee coz the cake itself is sweet and rich.

TresLeches2.jpg

tres leches

I've gotten off coffee to the great varieties of tea that are currently available. The wide range of sweet, dark, bitter, spicy, fruity gives something new every morning rather than the same coffee flavor.

My preference with coffee and tea is almonds. Getting away from the sweets in the morning was difficult for me, but found that whole grains and nuts gave me more energy throughout the morning.

Also, it plays with your palate the way red wine and chocolate do. Try your favorite cup of coffee with 10 roasted almonds, or an energy nut bar in the AM to see how it makes the coffee sweeter and the almonds smokier. It's a taste bud confuser.

As for coffee cakes, I grew up on the one with the crumbly streusel topping and lots of powdered sugar. A New York deli staple. Alright, now I want cake.

Chef Todd Mohr

Coffee makes the world go round. I love coffee. To have coffee cakes just makes my life cheery. I tried my hands on making a swiss roll for the first time. It was a total success. And to make espresso coffee swiss roll that came out successful just made my day. Sharing my joy here. More photos and recipe at Keep Learning Keep Smiling » Best Espresso Coffee Swiss Roll

cheers,
shalinee

I love coffee and so are lots of others. Someone just said to me, 'How will the world be like without coffee?' That's really something to think about. After lots of failed attempts to make a good coffee cake, I finally got it right. It's really my best espresso coffee cake. My children said, 'It's so, so, so good!' It's very easy to make. There's more pictures and recipe at Keep Learning Keep Smiling » Best Espresso Coffee Cake

Cheers,
shalinee:chef:

found recipe but having hard time converting grams to cups of butter. do you know?

That looks about right to me. I think you are good with one cup. I just cut my pound of butter in half. If you buy it in sticks I think that is one stick right? We don't get it in sticks here. Just in lbs.

That looks about right to me. I think you are good with one cup. I just cut my pound of butter in half. If you buy it in sticks I think that is one stick right? We don't get it in sticks here. Just in lbs.

comes in one pound boxes which contain four sticks. take two sticks for one cup. looks like more in picture. :chef:

In UK, butter are mostly sold in 250g blocks, which is 1 cup. It is easy when comes to making cakes.

Back
Top Bottom