What to do with garlic sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpinmaryland

Sous Chef
Got some leftover garlic sauce from papa john's pizza. Has anyone made thjis into anything? I guess I can put it on bread and make garlic toast..What about with vegetables? Thx.

If it is an oil based sauce , get some sour dough large pretzels, break them into pieces and place them into a zip lock bag. Dump the garlic sauce in along with some parmesan cheese, dried oregano, basil, parsley, and give it a shake. Gotta serve/ eat them immediately after doing so, as they will eventually get soggy, But they taste great ( Or at least I think they do)

Got some leftover garlic sauce from papa john's pizza. Has anyone made thjis into anything? I guess I can put it on bread and make garlic toast..What about with vegetables? Thx.

That's what I do... save them up (in the fridge) until I'm ready to make garlic toast - usually when I'm not going to be seeing anyone for the rest of the day! :LOL:

I order extra so I have some just for garlic toast! I've been known to throw it in my spaghetti sauce too if I don't have bread for toast. I would think it would work for any time you need butter and garlic.

It is an oil based sauce (soybean I guess) and I did not think of that. What I did was stir fried spinach with it, but it would have been better had I fried the spinach in cooking oil first and then added the garlic sauce as it was too soggy. It was ok though.

That shrimp scampi idea sounds excellent too.

Back
Top Bottom