What's cooking Monday, September 14, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
it will be burgers i think.

whats cooking at your house?

We'll be having leftover "Baked Eggplant & Smoked Mozzarella Pasta" with a nice green salad (farmers market had fabulous "spicy" baby greens salad mixes this past weekend) & garlic breadsticks.

The weekend trip to the Farmers Market yielded some beautiful heirloom tomatoes, shitake mushrooms, and huge garlic bulbs. The goat farm had beautiful mozzarella and chevre.

That's sounding like a pizza! I'll make a fresh crust with truffle oil, spread chevre and sliced garlic, shingle the razor-thin sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and some fresh basil and oregano chiffonade.

I'll post a picture tonight.

Bourbon ---
Red Beans & Rice with all it's meats/vegetables...salt pork, andouille, tasso, onions, peppers etc...
Chunks of Crusty, airy, french bread with sweet cream butter.......
Chocolate 'Cream.........

Im keeping it simple tonight, have a board meeting so I'm making the infamous Mac and Cheese with some ground beef, ad a little sauce and salt and pepper and it's delightful!

I was right!

I was right, it was a truffle oil crust pizza with goat cheese, sliced garlic, heirloom tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, shitake mushrooms, provolone and parmesean.

(Photo attached, I hope)

Attachments

• IMG00053.jpg
    IMG00053.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 168
I'm going to saute some shrimp, artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers in butter, make a sauce with white wine and serve over angel hair pasta.

Papa Johns!

Its one of those days where it feels the entire world is against me, and the weight of my knives are in excess of 100lbs each. I inadvertendtly dumped a misplaced(and stupidly placed at that) pot of deep fry oil in the kitchen table, perilosly close to the border between the kitchen and the sitting room, which is hardwood floors. so of course I bumped it and a liter of oil went flying out onto the hardwood. I spend the last hour and a half cleaning it.

so... Papa Johns pizza it is!

:P hopefully tomorrow will be better. lol.

..edit...
My original plan was to make "american" tacos. you know, ground beef, hard fried corn tortillas, then I realized I didn't have an ounce of the needed cheeses. :( so I think its either time to veer the family diet away from cheese, or go shopping. :P another day. :P pizza came and the delivery guy must've realized I'm a sauce-a-holic, as he added amost a dozen sauce containers to the six that I ordered. considering papa johns charges a whopping 55 cents per, I'm a little happier. :P

We had roasted chicken, sauteed beet greens, roasted Moroccan sweet potatoes with sweet corn & roasted tarragon beets. A pumpkin chocolate chip cookie with a glass of cold skim milk for dessert.

Pretty boring dinner tonight. I wanted to jazz up my burgers tonight. Family loved them.

Dinner:

Burgers with finely chopped fresh onion and garlic, finely chopped cheddar cheese, dry porcini mushroom powder and Montreal steak seasoning mixed into raw meat and then formed into burgers and fried in a pan. Lettuce, tomato, american cheese, pickle slices and ketchup condiments. Deli potato and mac salads as sides.

img_850485_0_d62ea1f10c95f4f4e4c0c2858e85b890.jpg

img_850485_1_a115dfea329dbcf6d2916743e7546788.jpg

that looks like a super dinner to me. still a hot dog for me, will have white beans. i threw together a corn salsa to jazz it all up. i love this corn salsa.
thank you babe!! whats in your corn salsa?

Pretty boring dinner tonight. I wanted to jazz up my burgers tonight. Family loved them.

Dinner:

Burgers with finely chopped fresh onion and garlic, finely chopped cheddar cheese, dry porcini mushroom powder and Montreal steak seasoning mixed into raw meat and then formed into burgers and fried in a pan. Lettuce, tomato, american cheese, pickle slices and ketchup condiments. Deli potato and mac salads as sides.

img_850530_0_d62ea1f10c95f4f4e4c0c2858e85b890.jpg

img_850530_1_a115dfea329dbcf6d2916743e7546788.jpg
delicious :angel: i want it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom