How much is Splenda in the U.S.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chopstix

Head Chef
I bought a 9.7 oz bag of granular Splenda today at a health food store here. It cost me the equivalent of US$ 15.45. I wonder just how much of this is import duties and extra mark-up.

So how much does it cost in the U.S.?

I've only bought it once so far, so am not positive on the price, but it seemed like it was 6 bucks and change for the same size package you bought. Prices are usually pretty high at health food stores. Possibly someone who uses it more often than I do can give you a better idea on price.

Thanks to all for the info! Gee, now I know that Splenda here is two and a half times the price in the U.S. :cry:

Scott, Erik's right. My 9.7 oz bag says that it's equivalent in sweetness to 5 pounds of sugar.

Chopstix, the company that makes splenda, tate & lyle, makes a liquid version for commercial use. It's very concentrated - 1/4 t. = 1 C.sugar equivalent. It's also calorie/carb free.

You might be able to get that in Asia - at a considerably lower cost.

Scott, thanks for the tip on liquid Splenda. I'll check it out here though my guts tell me I won't find it. Actually, I bought the Splenda for my mom who's a diabetic. But if the cheaper liquid version is available, I can use it for baking!

DC, I'll be your first customer in line in Asia!

Back
Top Bottom