Sunday Morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I have a brunch to go to in a few hours, and I was assigned fruit. I'm going to make a fruit pizza that someone served many years ago. Crescent roll pastry from a tube, tolled and baked (yeah, I know it would be better if it was ... but I'm going for easy and no-fail),then you spread it with cream cheese when it comes out, then layer fruit on it. I had an idea of how I'd layer the fruit, the, as usual, my husband came up with a "better idea". Some how his better ideas always mean more work for me, less for him. Roll of eyes here. Anyway, I have a container of various kinds of berries, a jar of mandarin orange slices. I'm thinking of taking some locally made (bred? what would be the right word?) honey and putting a squiggle of it over the top.

Hubby & I just enjoyed a couple of lovely turkey ham & cheese omelettes. Perfect for a chilly morning here in Virginia.

I'm sitting here in my jammies drinking coffee watching my youngest tear around the house getting ready to do the Run for the Cure. We will be leaving in just under an hour. Ugh. Its a blistering 2C out there and misty and overcast. I will be looking forward to getting home and having a nice warm bowl of soup for lunch.

It's starting to snow up on the mountain, will snow down here, too. I am sipping coffee, watching "Moving Up" and "Sopranos" (yes, zapping between channels), and on the computer... drinking coffee, and wondering how I should fix the chicken (whole).

It's starting to snow up on the mountain, will snow down here, too. I am sipping coffee, watching "Moving Up" and "Sopranos" (yes, zapping between channels), and on the computer... drinking coffee, and wondering how I should fix the chicken (whole).

Roast that birdie. Mmmmmm...your house will smell so good!

Wow Alix, it's getting cold early there right now eh? We've had frost a couple of times (those poor green tomatoes) but not quite 2c still at 10am!

I'm eating some whole grain toast with some plum butter I made yesterday, a chai tea with milk and honey, and I'm also contemplating what I'm going to make for dinner. I could make a pizza... I was going to make a pumpkin souffle tomorrow. We're having my Dad and his girlfriend over. So also contemplating tidying up the house... but I'm still here :)

yep, will roast it. Probably have squash or sweet potatoes with it. I'm trying to stay away from white potatoes, trying to diet.

Back
Top Bottom