OUCH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leeniek

Assistant Cook
Tonight at home I was helping dh move some things in the basement and I lost my balance and fell :(. Our basement floor is very uneven (our house is over 150 years old) and as it turned out I broke my arm in a few places as a result of my fall. There is a clean break at my elbow and four jagged breaks along the rest of my arm towards my wrist. I also broke the bones in fingers in the fall so my left arm and hand are in a temporary cast until the swelling goes down.
I can still work on modified duties but until the swelling subsides I'm off on leave.

I forgot to mention that I cannot move or use my fingers on that hand either

boy, i can really feel sorry for you. i fell again about a month ago. no breaks, but very swollen foot and big abrasions on both knees. figure it is part of old age (71) but am trying to be more careful. i'll bet you are just sore all over. take care of yourself. and b e careful.

101594.gif

How dreadful for you!!

Like Babe, I too had a fall recently (two Thursdays ago) (well really slipped, not fell). I am still limping around and it hurts to bend at all. I think my body had the sudden need to try out for the Australian gymnasts team as the splits I did were pretty impressive IMHO!! Think I only put my leg out so I am very lucky that I did not end up in your position. I am meant to be resting with the leg elevated but with 12 cats and living alone - that is not something that is likely to happen much!! But you get that!

Please recover soon.

Thanks everyone. I'm starting to feel better and I talked to my boss about returning to work next week. It's fine, and I'll be on modified duties, so until I can do more I'll be the board caller.

Back
Top Bottom