Hello from Texas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nyeer

Senior Cook
Hello! I hope you will forgive me for not introducing myself before, the world of blogging is very new to me. I am enjoying reading, and already learned a lot of great things. I live in Texas with my husband and our two daughters. My husband is from California and I am originally from Brazil, I love to cook and he loves to eat, great combination! So I hope I'll be "talking" to many of you soon. Nyeer

Howdy neighbor - what part of Texas? I recently moved to Austin from Cincinnati Ohio. So far, I am loving Texas! Welcome to discuss cooking!

Thank you! We live in Tyler (East Texas), it is a town right in between Dallas, TX and Shereveport, LA. We enjoy living in Texas, our daughters are in college now, but it was a great place to raise them as kids, we'll problably stay here since it is so easy to go to Dallas and take off on an airplane to anywhere we want to go. And Toots, we love Austin so much, there is so much to do... Hey! I was watching the Travel channel the other day and they showed a eating place in Austin that serves irish nachos, instead of the tortilla chips, they fry potato slices and use them instead. It looked so yummy, have you ever try something like that, I can't remember the name of the place anyway. Well thanks again to all of you for the warm welcome.

I should have mentioned that I tried making the irish nachos, but I don't now if I used the right kind of potatoes, or even if I cut the potatoes too thin, after I tested the nachos I thought it is a lot easier to continue using the tortilla chips, the nachos I prepare are fashioned after the macho nachos from a little place in Little Rock, Ar "Shorty Smalls".

Hi Nyeer, I see you also live in Texas. I live in Krum which is a little town right outside of Denton. I know where Tyler is I grew up in that area, and loved all the trees. Well just wanted to say hello, and welcome..

Welcome to the DC family, and to Texas, Nyeer! I love Tyler - east TX is so green and full of trees. Austin is probably my favorite place - lived there when I was in college and still miss the place like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom