Marinated Roast Beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigdaddy3k

Mr. Greenjeans
Moderator Emeritus
Last night I experimented with this and it turned out fantastic...

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sesame oil
3/4 cup soy sauce (real soy sauce!)
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup prepared mustard
15 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
3 limes rough chopped and smashed to juice once they are in the zip lock.
1 tablespoon ground pepper

If you google "Marinated Roast Beef" you will find a similar one at recipe czar but I tweaked it here and there.
Marinated Roast Beef - 57319 - Recipezaar
The original recipe calls to marinate this in the fridge for 24 to 48 hours but I only did it for 4 as I was worried about overpowering the beef.

It was FANTASTIC! I really want to do it again soon and go the full 24 hours.

I'm excited about this as it was an experiment for a possible xmas dinner. Score one for the menu!

All of those ingredients together ... sounds delicious! I am gonna have to try. Thanks for the recipe.

That sounds Gorgeous going to give this a go. Did you actully use a cup to measure this?

That sounds Gorgeous going to give this a go. Did you actully use a cup to measure this?
i always use actual measuring cups and spoons for recipes as that is what i expect to be the standard. do people really use eating cups and spoons to follow recipes? if so how can a recipe turn out properly if i use an 8 oz cup to measure but the recipe was created using a 10 oz coffee cup to measure. there has to be a standard right?

i always use actual measuring cups and spoons for recipes as that is what i expect to be the standard. do people really use eating cups and spoons to follow recipes? if so how can a recipe turn out properly if i use an 8 oz cup to measure but the recipe was created using a 10 oz coffee cup to measure. there has to be a standard right?

I use measuring spoon get a proper set and am thinking of investing in some Cups as I have notice place using cup for recipes now

Sometimes I will measure my coffee mugs, glasses, etc, to see how much they hold. Unless I am baking, I rarely use standard measuring devices. Sometimes I'll use ratios, especially when increasing or decreasing the recipe servings.

I do the same thing wyogal. I have a stack of Dixie ups in my cupboard next to my box o wine. They are just about a half a cup. When I have a recipe that calls for wine I just grab one of those. More often then not the recipe calls for a quarter cup or half cup of wine so I will fill the cup half way or all the way. It is not exact, but I don't need to be that exact. I know how much my glasses and mugs hold as well. It makes things much easier.

i also don't use recipes but for baking. i don't usually measure at all. i palm measure dry stuff and just pour liquids till it looks right or i use the can of whatever ingredient to measure. except when i am going to post than i figure out the measurements. regular cooking is mostly a personal to taste deal anyway. baking is a whole different thing that you need years to free hand it properly.

1 cup = .236 liters

The way you use "gorgeous" and "give this a go" reminds me of an Aussy friend of mine. Are you a UK/colony resident?

i do the same thing wyogal. I have a stack of dixie ups in my cupboard next to my box o wine. They are just about a half a cup. When i have a recipe that calls for wine i just grab one of those. More often then not the recipe calls for a quarter cup or half cup of wine so i will fill the cup half way or all the way. It is not exact, but i don't need to be that exact. I know how much my glasses and mugs hold as well. It makes things much easier.

dixie cups!! Brilliant!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom