How many here get forward emails warning of something bad going on!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doug_k48

Assistant Cook
I've gotten a few of these and have found that 99% of the time the person forward it to all there email friends did not even check to see if it was correct!

I have also found that in most cases they contain only 1 or 2% truth and the other 98% is hot air.

First thing you need to do is do your own research before passing it on to friends....cause if you are wrong you may get some nasty return emails :(

I always refer to snopes before I forward anything! Maybe someone can post the entire link as I am to new to do this. Just enter info into the search box and you will find it on there as they keep it up to date.

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
I always check things out before acting. I also write back to the sender telling them if there is a problem and asking them to be more careful before they perpetuate a false statement.

What is bad about this too is that now your email is on all those other peoples computer and if one of them is compromised - does not have a good firewall/virus protection your email could be taken and spammed...another good reason to send large forwards via BBC or blind copy as everyones emails/names will not show up on the receivers emails...just the one in for top CC link will.

Speaking of BCC, here is a great tip. You know how people sometimes send out an email about someones promotion or someone leaving the company and all of a sudden you start to get 100 emails saying "I will miss you" or "congrats" or whatever because everyone hits reply to all? Well if you use BCC instead then respond to all will only go to the person who sent the email.

Speaking of BCC, here is a great tip. You know how people sometimes send out an email about someones promotion or someone leaving the company and all of a sudden you start to get 100 emails saying "I will miss you" or "congrats" or whatever because everyone hits reply to all? Well if you use BCC instead then respond to all will only go to the person who sent the email.

Yes that is true too...good point :)

Well that would work if people did that Wyogal, but no matter how many times you tell people to not use reply all they never listen. When I worked at a large company we would get at least one a month and it was the same thing every time. 100 people would respond to all then 10 would write back saying to stop hitting respond to all then a top manager or VP would have to send out a mass email saying to only hit respond. You would think people would learn, but that just is not the case.

Well that would work if people did that Wyogal, but no matter how many times you tell people to not use reply all they never listen. When I worked at a large company we would get at least one a month and it was the same thing every time. 100 people would respond to all then 10 would write back saying to stop hitting respond to all then a top manager or VP would have to send out a mass email saying to only hit respond. You would think people would learn, but that just is not the case.

...and thus we have yet another justification for your signature!

Back
Top Bottom