What is your favorite pumpkin dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bevz

Assistant Cook
I need some ideas, my neighbor gave me five butternut squash. I made pies, cookies, bars, and I froze some pureed squash. (still have three squash to go yet). Want to make a pumpkin roll, (something I never did before) pancakes and my favorite dessert. Called: Great Pumpkin Dessert at Tasteofhome.com

pumpkin bread is also good, you can make lots, then freeze the bread.

I really like stewed pumpkin! Warm, sweet, almost transparent chunks of pumpkin. And It's so easy to make.

Steam in a large pot with lid, peeled and diced bite sized chunks of pumpkin in about an inch of water until translucient and tender. The liquid will increase as the pumpkin cooks. When the pumpkin is done, remove and sweeten the remaining liquid with sugar-to-taste making a simple syrup which is then added back to the cooked pumpkin. Serve as a vegetable side dish if not real sweet, or as a dessert. (Served on pound cake is one of my favorites.)

Or, here is another way I sometimes prepare it during holidays:

Stewed Pumpkin recipe, authentic colonial recipe, new england

I looooove pumpkin so so much.It is so versatile.equally delcious in sweet as well as savoury dishes.
I love making PAULA DEEN'S PUMPKIN BARS with cream cheese frosting.They are just awsome.Another one of my favorites is PUMPKIN HALVA(let me know if u need the recipe).I also often make a PUMPKIN LAMB STEW which is awsome with nan or pita bread,or even chapati.

I'm not a huge pie fan but love pumpkin. I make a mousse with a sugar free(or regular) vanilla pudding mix made with slightly less than amt of milk called for, beat in a cup of canned pumpkin puree,fold in half a tub or so of cool whip and 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. Chill and serve, yum! You can also crush ginger snaps and layer the mousse with crumbs and chopped nuts for a parfait.Also very good.

Back
Top Bottom