Dulce de leche ice cream topping ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mexican mama

Senior Cook
anyone ever had this flavor before???i can make my own ice cream but the store variety is fine,..
anyone got suggestion for some topping for this particular flavor of ice cream
I am open to it

2455393725_d75c97ee92.jpg

Mocha: a chocolate/coffee topping of some kind. Maybe like a coffee liquer added to a thin ganache

I don't know that I'd top it with anything. But I might scoop it up with a crisp cookie. Something like gingersnaps, vanilla cookies, chocolate cookies...
But now that I think about it, some warm applesauce might be delicious as a topping.

great ideas

thanks for the suggestion guys...i will keep it in mind..
How about some fresh fruits???any suggestions

From my Amoretti Test Kitchen Recipe Library:

Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Sundae

Ingredients:

• 1 (14oz) can La Lechera condensed milk
• 2 cups half & half
• 2oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
• 6 Tbs Amoretti Dark Chocolate Syrup
• 1 tsp Amoretti Cinnamon Syrup
• Peanuts, dry roasted and unsalted, for garnish
• Coconut, flaked, unsweetened, for garnish

Instructions:

Put the La Lechera in a bowl, microwave for 15 to 30 seconds to soften it, and whisk in the half & half.

Pour the mixture into an ice cream freezer and follow the directions for your freezer. A few minutes before the ice cream is done, add the chopped chocolate. Place in a container in the freezer to harden.

Combine the Amoretti dark chocolate and cinnamon syrups and serve the ice cream with the syrup, garnished with peanuts and coconut. Whipped cream and a cherry would not be out of the question.

Last edited:
From my Amoretti Test Kitchen Library:

Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Sundae

Ingredients:

• 1 (14oz) can La Lechera condensed milk
• 2 cups half & half
• 2oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
• 6 Tbs Amoretti Dark Chocolate Syrup
• 1 tsp Amoretti Cinnamon Syrup
• Peanuts, dry roasted and unsalted, for garnish
• Coconut, flaked, unsweetened, for garnish

Instructions:

Put the La Lechera in a bowl, microwave for 15 to 30 seconds to soften it, and whisk in the half & half.

Pour the mixture into an ice cream freezer and follow the directions for your freezer. A few minutes before the ice cream is done, add the chopped chocolate. Place in a container in the freezer to harden.

Combine the Amoretti dark chocolate and cinnamon syrups and serve the ice cream with the syrup, garnished with peanuts and coconut. Whipped cream and a cherry would not be out of the question.

Back
Top Bottom