What to do with Chicken Thighs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefsteve

Assistant Cook
Hi all Would love to hear what you all do with chicken thieghs. I have 4 out thawing now for dinner and want to do something different! So give me your ideas For dinner tonight.:chef:

i have an AWESOME recipe for chicken thighs and andouille sausage stew. its at home, but i will post it when i get off work. its pretty easy and only takes about 2 hours.

My favorite is: Chicken and Rice Bake

In a 2 qt. baking dish mix 3/4 cup rice, 1 1/3 cup water, 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup top with chicken, sprinkle with onion powder, salt, pepper, the last few minutes of baking sprinkle with cheese if its skinless, also cover if its skinless. Bake at 375* for 45 min. or till chicken is done.

Thighs are my favorite part of the chicken! They are especially good in Chicken Cacciatore, chicken gumbo, or jambalaya.

Oh ya! I am with you all the way on that Constance! My hubby actually prefers thighs to any other cut.

I do all the things you do and we also love them just seasoned with salt and pepper, then seared on all sides and finished in the oven. They are wonderful this way.

Cut up the thighs and brown them in a saute pan. Remove to a plate.
Saute some cut up onion and minced garlic.
Add a can of Rotel tomatoes or a jar of salsa
Season with cumin
Add a cup of rice and 2 cups of chicken broth.
Return the met to the pan.
Cover, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until the rice is cooked.

One of my favorite recipes for chicken is to put them in a saute pan (covered) with bbq sauce. You can make your own sauce or buy at store to save more time. Also you can make a sauce with soy sauce and honey, ginger, garlic, etc.

Coq au vin or brushed with mustard and sprinkled with seasoned salt and baked in the oven. Yummy.

One of my favorite recipes for chicken is to put them in a saute pan (covered) with bbq sauce. You can make your own sauce or buy at store to save more time. Also you can make a sauce with soy sauce and honey, ginger, garlic, etc.

I boil my chicken pieces first, then add to a pan, cover or DRENCH in BBQ sauce (my own recipe thank you very much) and simmer covered. Talk about sweet chicken fallin to pieces....YUM.

I boil my chicken pieces first, then add to a pan, cover or DRENCH in BBQ sauce (my own recipe thank you very much) and simmer covered. Talk about sweet chicken fallin to pieces....YUM.

I love to make my own, but don't always have time! Sweet Baby Rays to the rescue! BTW, is your bbq sauce recipe posted somewhere here?

It's not, but I'm sure my recipe is everybodies recipe. Just that nobody told me how to do it, it's that simple.

Simple, 4 ingredients, takes two minutes to prepare. I love it. So do the others devouring it. :)

Chicken Fingers

A favorite to get my gang to even consider the thighs..Skin and bone you can buy them this way, salt and pepper both sides, Take a 5 oz pack of garlic and herb Boursin cheese that you've quartered and rolled say 2 hrs. before just make a finger out of them wrap in cling wrap and chill. Pound the chix to about 1/8 thickness.Sprinkle with either lemon or lime juice.Place a cheese finger lengthwise on the long sides of the chicken.Roll chicken around the cheese.Secure with toothpicks then dip in a well beaten egg after dusting with flour dip in egg again then into bread crumbs. Chill for about an hour then place chicken in single layer in heavy skillet. Saute in 1/2 butter and 1/2 veggie oil over med heat for about 10 min per side. Drain on towels if need be eat right now...
kadesma

Alix, I've done all kinds of things to chicken, but I've never tried brushing it with mustard. DH does that to pork butt when he smokes it, and it's great. He's cooking chicken in the oven tonight...maybe we'll give that a try.

Its awesome Constance. My daughter asks for it at least once a week. Make sure you use the good seasoned salt though. Generic just doesn't do it.

I use a boning knife and carefully cut the meat from the bone and then carefully cut on either side of the bone (horizontally) to increase the size of the pocket (out to about 1/2 inch or so from the edge of the thigh) and pull out the bone. You have to careful doing this so you do not cut through the meat - just leave a hole where the bone was. I fill this pocket with a mixture of ricotta, finely grated mozzarella, and parmesan or romano cheeses aand frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and squeezed as dry as you can get it) - a pastry bag makes the filling fairly easy to pump into the thighs. I then brown these on both sides in a little olive oil and garlic, remove to a plate while I saute some mushrooms, then put the chicken back in the pan and add some pasta sauce ... simmer until the chicken is done. Serve over pasta if you want, and spoon the sauce over all, some garlic bread, a nice salad ....

Thighs are great in any kind of a slow-cooked braise or fricassee.

Fine Cooking magazine did a new take on Coq-au-Vin a few months ago. They used a reisling and fresh fennel, shallots & carrots instead of bordeaux, mushrooms & onions. It is to die for!!!!! Much lighter and more contemporary than the traditional version. I've made it a couple times with the thighs only, and it's now one of the 'most requested' here.

link to recipe

Attachments

• chicken in wine with fennel(5).jpg
    chicken in wine with fennel(5).jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 246
Back
Top Bottom