Trivia 11/3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 10/3
DID YOU KNOW...
A law passed by Congress and signed by Pres. Bush in 2007 dictates that the 100-watt incandescent light bulb will be banned in the U.S. starting Jan. 1, 2012. The law bans 75-, 60- and 40-watt bulbs by 2014.
1/14/08: Bye Bye, Light Bulb - OpinionJournal.com

1. What powered James Watt's engine in 1765 ?
2. Teddy Roosevelt was a member of which Political Party ?
3. Trick Question Dept;
Tennessee Williams was born in which of the fifty ?
4. Over which continent did the hole in the ozone layer form ?
5. Definition (R);
n~ A member of an international fraternity of Religious mysticism devoted to the application of esoteric religious doctrine to modern life....
6. Who am I; I'm Popeye's arch-rival, also known as Brutus, and I'm out to steal his spindly rosebud, Olive Oyl.
7. What were the first names of TV characters the Duke Boys ?
8. Name the 70's Boston rock band fronted by Ric Ocasec ...

TRUTH OR CRAP ??
A Davenport is a desk.
1. Steam
2. Republican
3. Mississippi
4. Antarctica
5. Rosicrucian
6. Bluto
7. Luke and Bo (Beauregard)
8. The Cars
TRUTH !
Although the term became attached to a sofa marketed by the now defunct Davenport Furniture Company in the early 20th century, and grew to be a generic term for all sofas and divans, A Davenport is a small desk with an inclined lifting desktop attached with hinges to the back of the body. Lifting the desktop gives access to a large compartment giving ample storage space for paper and other writing implements, and smaller spaces in the forms of small drawers and pigeonholes. In addition, the Davenport has drawers on one of its sides, which are sometimes concealed by a panel. This stack of side drawers holds up the back of the desk and most of its weight. The front of the desk stands on thick legs or pillars which are often highly carved, somewhat exaggerated, thick Cabriole legs, but these are not essential.

Back
Top Bottom