Chile Rellenos Puffs (TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
I was browsing around on the internet and found this recipe. I have not tried it, yet. I thought they would be good for a brunch.

Chile Rellenos Puffs
41st Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest, 2004

1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
6 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
2 4.5-ounce cans Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, drained

Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. In 3-quart saucepan, heat water and butter over high heat to a full rolling boil. Remove from heat.

Stir in flour, cornmeal and salt until mixture forms a dough and all lumps have disappeared. Gradaully stir in beaten eggs until well blended. Stir in both cheeses and the chiles. Spoon dough evenly into sprayed muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.

Bake for 25 to 29 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.

Note: If 2 (12-cup) muffin pans are unavailable, spoon dough into pan; refrigerate remaining dough while baking first pan. Spoon refrigerated dough into pan; bake 28 to 35 minutes.

Last edited:
Was this the winner? This looks awesome SierraCook. I'm going to try this very soon. Thanks!

Thanks for the link Sierra. That pie is making my mouth water!

I made these for Super Bowl. I baked them in a mini muffin pan at the same temperature for 15 minutes. They worked great as appetizers. Everyone loved them. I think next time for a little zing I may substitute diced jalapenos for the green chiles.

Back
Top Bottom