What's cooking Monday November 9, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
something with the chop meat i didn't use yesterday.

whats cooking at your house?

Just Dad and I again tonight so I am thinking something simple - Sausage Rolls and salad or meatball subs with the leftover sauce from some leftover spaghetti sauce and my frozen meatballs.

Just made a big pot of homemade vegetable soup, going to let it simmer all afternoon. I have some apple dumpings in the freezer, I think we will have them for dessert.

Just made a big pot of homemade vegetable soup, going to let it simmer all afternoon. I have some apple dumpings in the freezer, I think we will have them for dessert.

Oh, my, JoAnn, for the weather we are having here (blustery and raining) that sounds marvelous! I love the smell of soup simmering on a windy/wet day!

Red Wine........
Red Beans/Rice. Wish ya could smell the Tasso, Andouille, Bacon, onions etc..
Corn Bread......
Banana Bread Pudding with Bananas Foster Sauce:ermm: It's a take off of two New Orleans' Classic desserts...Bread Pudding and Bananas Foster...We'll see

Red Wine........
Red Beans/Rice. Wish ya could smell the Tasso, Andouille, Bacon, onions etc..
Corn Bread......
Banana Bread Pudding with Bananas Foster Sauce:ermm: It's a take off of two New Orleans' Classic desserts...Bread Pudding and Bananas Foster...We'll see

I must be getting close to your house, Uncle B, cause I can smell it. About time, too, it has been a long walk! Please say you saved me some....and dessert too! :rolleyes:

I must be getting close to your house, Uncle B, cause I can smell it. About time, too, it has been a long walk! Please say you saved me some....and dessert too! :rolleyes:

Yep there's plenty...We ain't et yet :ermm: I'll wait on the front porch for ya to get here...Ya better come on though...It'll be dark before you know it....

Meatloaf, homemade creamed spinach, mashed taters and burgundy gravy.

img_860936_0_dfe0e83328cdac39d7364e58e51ea4e4.jpg

img_860936_1_802a1a2765bc29773d806dbc1f20ee0e.jpg

img_860936_2_352082cea48c75671dd1db1b9175e3e0.jpg

Roasted pork loin with a dried cherry port wine sauce, a rice pilaf with toasted pecans and mixed veg.

Sorry no pictures!

Twice-baked potatoes, with browned ground beef, onion, cream of mushroom soup, and of course the scooped out potato as the filling.

:)Barbara

This was our dinner. Pork chops again.
-browned in butter and herbs
-baked and basted with gravy.

-baked cabbage and baby carrots

-buttered/seasoned egg noodles

img_861011_0_d957a35ade4cec590c209146965cff4d.jpg

I made a big batch of couscous and made chicken strips to go with it. For the latter I just buy frozen chicken breasts, cut into strips, mush in some mayo (you can also use an egg or two, but the mayo works well), then roll in breadcrumbs and bake (on a baking tray sprayed with olive oil pam or something similar) on high heat for about 20 min. My husband makes up large batches of harrissa that I freeze, and we put that out as a condiment.

This was our dinner. Pork chops again.
-browned in butter and herbs
-baked and basted with gravy.

-baked cabbage and baby carrots

-buttered/seasoned egg noodles

img_861044_0_d957a35ade4cec590c209146965cff4d.jpg
that looks yummy. i love egg noodles and gravy. boy you eat alot of cabbage. i've been told that drinking cabbage water is good for you. do you drink the water? one of my girls doesn't like cooked cabbage but she will eat it raw, i like it cooked and raw. so i shred it and toss with my salad dressing stuff when we have corned beef or put it in tossed green salad.

Looks mighty good, msmofet! :)
thank you VB. it was the first time i made creamed spinach (next time i will use much less nutmeg or none, my girls were bickering and i gave it a bit to big a shake of nutmeg).

that looks yummy. i love egg noodles and gravy. boy you eat alot of cabbage. i've been told that drinking cabbage water is good for you. do you drink the water? one of my girls doesn't like cooked cabbage but she will eat it raw, i like it cooked and raw. so i shred it and toss with my salad dressing stuff when we have corned beef or put it in tossed green salad.
I know.... you'd think we were irish or something! lol

I don't cook it in water, unless I'm making stuffed cabbage. I normally bake it. I am half Swede, and my Grandma always made Kaldolmar (stuffed cabbage) when I was growing up. It was one of my Grandpa's favorite meals.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom