What's cooking Friday November 13, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
ut oh friday the 13th!!

i start work today so i have no clue what or when dinner will be.
popeye's sounds good for lunch though!!

what about you?

My wife is a big fan of some fast food joint's Mushroom Swiss burgers.
Tonight, she is getting The Fool's Mushroom Swiss burger gravy over egg noodles.
Gonna have some early peas on the side, and a salad.

Basically, it will be the mushroom gravy with browned bison, LOTS of added mushrooms, and a spoonful or two of sour cream stirred in before servign....
kinda like beef stroganoff with a twist!

My wife is a big fan of some fast food joint's Mushroom Swiss burgers.
Tonight, she is getting The Fool's Mushroom Swiss burger gravy over egg noodles.
Gonna have some early peas on the side, and a salad.

Basically, it will be the mushroom gravy with browned bison, LOTS of added mushrooms, and a spoonful or two of sour cream stirred in before servign....
kinda like beef stroganoff with a twist!
that looks familar!! LOL sounded good both times! btw buffalo and bison are the same?

Was supposed to be a pot roast but it didn't thaw in time and we are all under the weather here so I am about to start a nice pot of hamburger Soup simmering on the stove. We will have it with crackers and cheese (DH will have rice crackers and my homemade hummus).

Was supposed to be a pot roast but it didn't thaw in time and we are all under the weather here so I am about to start a nice pot of hamburger Soup simmering on the stove. We will have it with crackers and cheese (DH will have rice crackers and my homemade hummus).
wow lp you and alix have been hit hard. i hope you, alix and your families feel better and 100% soon.

It's "Girl's Nite" with The Bestfriend, and we're both leaning towards fried ravioli, a mushroom one and a cheese, with homemade tomato basil sauce for dipping. To go with it... a dvd of our favorite showtime series and a couple bottles of wine..

probably left over brats, potatoes,carrots,onions, and cabbage. cooked in crock with apple cider for some liquid. not in the mood to make anything else. a little under the weather myself.

We had leftovers clearing out the fridge. We leave for a weekend getaway in the Outer Banks of NC in the morning and didn't want to come home to spoiled food.

Pork tenderloin with lemon pepper, parmesan potatoes, caesar salad and finger veggies. I had a glass of white wine and everyone else had milk. LOL. After this week I thought I deserved some wine.

Thanks msmofet, we are all recovered here in our house. THANK GOD!

Cornish Hen with a rice stuffing and a creole asparagus with swiss cheese.

img_861609_0_42c4cf50904dd611522150ba9cc6dfcd.jpg

img_861609_1_72842372be98708ff7b515a60664ecd7.jpg

Ended up postponing Girl's Nite until tomorrow.. and The Husband went fishing and the kids wanted grilled ham and cheeses... So I ended up treating myself to some way yummy chinese take-out. Spicy orange chicken, white rice, hot and sour soup and some crab rangoons. It was awesome and I'm stuffed! :)

I got home from work at 7 pm and dinner was on the table and served at 8:30 pm!! Thank God it was a small roast.

Eye round roast, baked tater topped with butter, sour cream and chives, steamed and buttered carrots and celery and burgundy gravy.

img_861614_0_9be99a4240663a644958eef5d4b64b07.jpg

Pan-fried Rainbow Trout with herbs and spices, green beans in a shallot/mushroom/white wine saute, and brown rice. Chocolate cake for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom