What is your favorite kind of seafood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunn174

Assistant Cook
People always get weirded out when I say Anchovies are my favorite. Then they ask for a real fish or something, so I always go with something likable and simple such as Salmon (which I love anyway) XD

So I ask you, what is YOUR favorite seafood?!

I do not eat sea food, but back in the day when I did I loved cray(sp?) fish(why is it called fish anyway?).
But those little tiny things you see in the store. I' m Ukraine and we'd go catch them, they wee usually size of an avarage lobster.

Scallops, I guess...or any kind of shellfish. On the other hand, you can't beat fried grouper or cod...or poached salmon...or anything that swims!

Lobster. Or crab. Maybe shrimp. Mussels? I know, I know, scallops. Wait a minute, Lake Superior whitefish. No, no, no, Chilean sea bass (aka Patagonia toothfish). Gotta be grouper. Yeah, that's it, ahi tuna.....:wacko:

I want it all!

Catfish is hard to beat and for something lighter Squid or Dover sole.....There are lots of good things from the water and cooking them correctly is the key to them tasting good.

yes, yes it is. but my earliest seafood memories are of clams...love clams to this day (and all other seafood)

Mine are squid and oysters...im not a big fish eater but I do love a calamari and grilled oysters with grated cheese and olive oil

Tiger Prawns, crabs, scallops, mussels, salmon, swordfish, ocean perch, trout, baccalà.
I do like a bit of anchovy fillet as an accent to certain dishes (like stuffed courgette flowers, salsa verde, some pizzas and pasta etc.), but I don't like paste.

If I had to pick just one then it would be Maine Lobsters, however I love most seafood I have ever tasted. I could not live without scallops, shrimp, clams, oysters, crab, tuna, salmon, and many others.

yep, love lobster. I wish I liked trout, we have great fishing here. I like it smoked, though. Walleye, mmmm.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom