ISO help frying up some Jalapenos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
I want to fry up some Jalapeno's and I want to know the best way to cut them & and to make sure my cream cheese doesn't fall into the frying oil?

Here's what I'm planning.

1 cup of panko bread crumbs.
10 halved Jalapeno's ( makes 20 halves )
my fry daddy at 365 degrees!
egg wash.

Put the cream cheese on the half
Roll the half around in the egg wash.
Roll the half again in the panko bread crumbs.
Gingerly put the half in the fryer.
Fry until they float?

Hi i love making jalapeno poppers what i do is that i make a slit lengthwise to the pepper, i make sure that the peppers are packed tightly and i refrigerate peppers for 15 minutes. I think you need a good breadcrumbs for it not to break apart or you can wrap the the peppers in bacon then seal/skewer it with a toothpick.
.Also a hot oil is important 375ºFso that when you deep fry it it floats and not sink at the bottom.I hope this helps
9e606589adf02de4904d3a2f9af8f8dd-400-main_Full.jpg

Hi i love making jalapeno poppers what i do is that i make a slit lengthwise to the pepper, i make sure that the peppers are packed tightly and i refrigerate peppers for 15 minutes. I think you need a good breadcrumbs for it not to break apart or you can wrap the the peppers in bacon then seal/skewer it with a toothpick.
.Also a hot oil is important 375ºFso that when you deep fry it it floats and not sink at the bottom.I hope this helps
9e606589adf02de4904d3a2f9af8f8dd-400-main_Full.jpg
Yours look really tasty Mexican Mamma, I may have to give yours a try.

Thank you for the reply.

I cut a slit down the center, remove the seeds and spoon the filling into the slit. It works really well, especially on larger sized japapenos. If you want hotter, add some or all of the seeds into the filling.

Garlic Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
:

Back
Top Bottom