What's for Dinner, Sunday, November 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had Beef Stroganoff and Salad and Veggies. I made the Beef Stroganof recipe from Joy of Cooking except that I can't imagine discarding perfectly good onions and I added mushrooms and 1 clove of garlic into the veggies. I seasoned the meat and added it to the veggies. The recipe says to heat butter and add flour and cook a bit - I think it should be a light roux and I failed to do that - I could taste flour in the finished dish - dissappointing - but DH didn't complain even a little bit! He was thrilled that he asked for the dish and the freezer got emptied just a little bit more! Ah well - more notes into the cookbook!

All was delicious but could have been better if I'd started with the beef broth and added a bit a wine and reduced it before I added it to a properly done roux. Isn't hindsight wonderful?

I imust remind myself that every meal doesn't need to be Gourmet quality? Or do I need to step up to the plate more often? Ohhhhh excuse the pun!:ermm:

ham, baked potatoes, and scalloped corn. The corn was frozen from this year's farmer's market, with cream, saltines, egg, pepper.

Back
Top Bottom