Eggs coming to top of pecan pies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milady

Assistant Cook
Greetings!

I have a main problem of the egg coming to the top of my pecan pies. I follow the recipe on the bottle of Karo syrup. It says to beat slightly. I did that AND beat well and it still comes to the top! What is with this?

I've never had that problem. My recipe is similar to yours. I whisk the ingredients thoroughly before mixing in the pecans specifically so the egg is fully blended.

Well that is why I am over to find someone who has had that specific problem.
And it doesn't cover the entire top, just certain areas. It has a yucky yellowish color and is rubberized.

Melt the butter in a pot...as soon as it melts add the sugar and Karo...Stir, mix and blend really well..Beat the eggs well...add them to the Sugar, Karo mixture...Again..stir, mix, and blend really well...Stir in the vanilla....Continue per the recipe....It should work! ...
Again the first 5 ingredients must be properly well mixed before you add the pecans....

Have Fun!

Thanks, that sure is a lot of work. I don't believe I will make them very often, LOL. If they would just give those directions on the bottle. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom