Chicken and sauces that go with it ... and other tips and tricks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ghuraba

Assistant Cook
What sauces are used with chicken? and what are some good delicious and easy home made meals? what are some basic tips and tricks? basic special key ingredients for the best chicken?

Here's an easy chicken dish:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of celery soup
1/2 cup of sour cream
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil

Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the soup and sour cream. Pour over the chicken, cover and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

This is great served with mashed potatoes or rice and your favorite vegetable.

One of my son's favorites is Balsamic chicken. Brown your chicken breasts in a little olive oil until just cooked through. Sometimes I throw in some chopped onion, sometimes not. Then put in about a 1/3 cup of good balsamic vinegar and a can of STEWED tomatoes. This is for 4 chicken breasts. Simmer for about 10 minutes uncovered. The vinegar and tomatoes thicken a little bit. Really really good!!

There are many sauces, and variations on a theme....One I like a lot is a reduction of white wine, and chicken stock/broth...Usually equal parts of each and used to de-glaze the pan...Toss in some Tarragon..When it's reduced to where you want it...take it off the heat...toss in several pats of Butter (not margarine) and gently/barely stir it in as it melts...Yum!!!

Thanks everyone, I hope to be experimenting later...and then I'll take a better look at this...expect questions.

Ghuraba

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom