New Year's Food Resolutions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I gave up making resolutions like losing weight, exercising and "becoming a better person" a long time ago.

But this year I have made a few resolutions regarding food that I really hope to keep.

1. To make more homemade items for DH (gluten/lactose free) and Dad (diabetic) rather than buying expensive and less tasty commercial products.

2. To get back to experimenting more and developing dishes I can use either for home or my customers

3. Using the convection breadmaker I got for Christmas to it's full potential

4. To invite more people over so I have a chance to cook for others when I don't have catering orders.

5. With the Olympics happening here in February, I want to try some dishes from countries I haven't tried before.

How about you? Any recipes you have been wanting to try or other foodie goals you would like to set for 2010?

Last edited:
I have already accomplished mine. I have long been a fan of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, and have talked about starting up a local restaurant guide to catalog local mom and pop type restaurants. Places with good food and good value that are native to my metro area. So yesterday...I did it! Well, it's off the ground anyway. I've posted reviews of 2 of my local favorites, and have a list of close to 40 more to post. It's only day 2, and friends have already sent me about a dozen suggestions!

This blog is in direct contrast to one I started a couple of years ago. That one was dedicated to me losing weight!

I have several cookbooks (Culinary Institute Workbooks, really), that I would like to study and seriously experiment with, furthering my knowledge and techniques. And like LPBeier, I'm going to entertain more and use my friends as guinea pigs! :ROFLMAO:

after a lengthy bout of flu, i'm returning to culinary school in february. that's my main goal.
i also want to re-gain my adoration of food. before i was so into cookery; now i'm too preoccupied. kinda fizzled away on me.

To become more realistic in my recipe saving
I have my recipes that use all the time then i have recipes that i print out from many cooking sites to try, i have a box of them, then when i feel like trying something new i go thru and pick one. Ill be long gone before i try everyone. so I am going to go thru the and think will i really try this, and if not toss. there is only 2 of us now - going to not to be such a recipe additic.

I just heard an interview with Ruth Reichl, the former food critic for the NY Times. I resolve to read her books, Tender to the Bone, Comfort Me with Apples, and Garlic & Sapphires. The first book is about the beginnings of her lifelong love of the world of food.

Gotta stop being so lazy :rolleyes:

and get organised / into the habit of actually cooking "stuff" :chef:

HNY :)

Back
Top Bottom