Lamb chop ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jet

Sous Chef
I had lamb chops last spring at the Belagio, but I've never made them myself. I got a good deal on some lamb chops at the store this morning and am looking for some ideas on how to prepare them. Now it's snowing with a 20 below wind chill outside, so indoor recipes only please.

When we have French lamb chops I do them as my neighbor showed me years ago .I salt and pepper them then smear them with crushed garlic,well chopped rosemary mixed with evoo, broil til med rare, and enjoy.
kadesma

When we have French lamb chops I do them as my neighbor showed me years ago .I salt and pepper them then smear them with crushed garlic,well chopped rosemary mixed with evoo, broil til med rare, and enjoy.
kadesma

That sounds good! I think I'll have to dig in the snow and see how my rosemary bush is doing... ;)

I've only ever used my broiler to brown things, never actually cook. About how long would the chops take?

Lamb

A really easy and good way is to marinate the lamb chops in Italian Dressing and grill or broil.

I like to throw some chops in the oven with some veggies, drizzle with EVOO, balsamic vinegar, honey, sliced garlic, and some dried parsley, salt and pepper, and just bake until cooked thru.

Alternatively, we chuck 'em either under the grill or in a fry pan with a little bit of salt on and just cook until just a remnant of pink remains.

Another favourite recipe is to dust with souvlakia seasoning and either pan-fry or grill and serve on a greek salad (with lots of feta and olives) drizzled in balsamic vinegar.

Lamb chops are so forgiving. They can be served slightly pink or still be tasty when nearly cremated!! (And many an Aussie BBQ has served the range in the one meal!! LOL)

kadesma

Bravo! :chef:

Garlic & Rosemary Lamb Chops.

dsc_0011.jpg

dsc_00281.jpg

kadesma

i like your treatment of the lamb chops! i usually top each chop with a nice mushroom cap--fill the cavity of the mushroom with butter and garlic prior to broiling--so good, and practically counts as an extra vegetable....:yum::yum:

Back
Top Bottom