Knife selection help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sadievan

Cook
We may be buying a new knife or 2. Are there any preferences between, Wusthof Classic, Henckels Professional 'S', Henckels Four Star II, and Henckels Four Star? Any one we should stay away from? I know the ultimate will be which 'feels' right to us. Looking for some insight from anyone who has knowledge of these brands, the Pros and Cons.

Thanks,
Carol

Edited to add: How are Gerber knives? This is what our Old Old set is. Not sure of the quality of these.

They're all very good quality knives. I have knives from the Professional S line and I am quite pleased with them. I'd choose based on comfort and style among these four.

They're all very good quality knives. I have knives from the Professional S line and I am quite pleased with them. I'd choose based on comfort and style among these four.

Thanks Andy. We did hold the Professional S and the Wusthof Classic and they felt very similar. Haven't looked at the other two yet.

We were originally thinking of getting a 'block set' but as so many here have pointed out, they come with knives we really might not want or need want.

Know anything about my old Gerber Knives?

Carol

The blade quality is all roughly similar and Henckels and Wusthof have similar blade geometry, so the choice is going to come down to how comfortable they feel in your hands.

My choice from the list above would be the Henckels 4 star, and the one I would avoid is the Wusthof Classic.

Don't know about their kitchen knives, but Gerber knives are well thought of in the outdoor knife user community.

Back
Top Bottom