Experiences with Flower Deliveries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I just got an interesting email saying I could be part of a class action suit against Flowers.com. I have to say, my three experiences with them have been negative and I decided not to use them again, I'll only find a direct connection with a flower shop I know is in the area and call rather than email. I used to love to send flowers to my family members, then realized that flowers were being delivered to places and left outside the door in very high temps (yes, I always provide a phone # so that the delivery person can know if the recipient is at home), etc. I love receiving flowers, but in recent years have become afraid to send to my loved ones, who are hard enough to buy for as it is. Anyone know about this?

my son orders flowers for me from time to time. same deal, just leave on porch. couple times it was fatal and once flowers were just not good. he was here to see that one. don't know what he said to them but, next batch was perfect. still left on porch. i think you have found the solution.

A couple of times the flowers were for occaisions where you don't exactly want to call the recipient and say, "Did you get my flowers?" Especially for deaths in the family, but even for severe illness. People have all they can do to take care of themselves and loved ones. A bouquet used to be a nice thing I could do to brighten their day (I've always lived away from my loved ones), but in the past ten years or so I heard nothing at all from the recipients, or the bolder of them told me they found dead flowers on their doorstep (much of my family lives in Florida). I find it just plain sad that I have to follow up, which makes the recipient feel bad.

My son sent me some flowers and a basket of goodies one time from that company. The first box arrived and it was beautiful. Later that day a second (duplicate) box arrived. When UPS came down the drive for the third time I refused the box and called my son to make sure they were not charging him for three deliveries. They only charged him for the one delivery so I guess I should have kept the third box! We still get a good chuckle over that one.

We ordered flowers and they were to be delivered on the 20th, they were never delivered until the 23rd I was so angry. When they arrived the flowers must have been really chilled bad because they didn't last 3 days and it cost us over $75.00.

I've received some good and some bad from them. I don't use them to send flowers - I do as you said - call direct and usually ask someone I know in the area for a reference on the one I call.

Back
Top Bottom