What's for Dinner Friday January 15th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
The meal of concern today is the mid day meal. We are having friends over, and knowing that we tucker out fairly early in the day, they suggested a mid day meal. I thought that was a great idea. so...

once again, the pasta, chicken, provolone and chili concoction, oven baked yukon gold and sweet potatoes, and cream puffs with chocolate sauce;)

What are you having?

I'm eating super light today and tonight so I can splurge and have a piece of this. It's a Strawberry Pound Cake Torte I made for my son getting a straight A report card. It's his favorite!
img_871417_0_075a8e420f4ce12edc6978e04a64cbd8.jpg

We are going to have Sloppy Joes, corn and raw veggies. I usually have tater tots with this...but I'm trying to be good! Shock my body with fresh, raw food.

Sloppy Joes

1 lb burger
1/4 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced onion
1 can tomato soup, undiluted
1/4 cup ketchup
1 Tbs BBQ sauce, if desired
Hamburger buns

Brown and drain burger; add celery and onions and saute long enough for the onions to soften. Add in the tomato soup and ketchup. Simmer gently for at least 10 minutes. Serve on toasted buns.
Serves 4

My husband is cooking Shimp cakes. He is developing a new recipe and I get to be the tester. I know it is a hard job, but someone has to do it.

Well it is about 3PM and there is 2lbs of lamd stew cubes thawed in the refrigerator. The packs a sealed so I can't tell the size of the pieces. So it maybe lamb stew or shish kebob.

It is in the mid fifties and there is no way I am wasting that kind of weather. I got a couple filets and will be grilling them up (though mine will likely not have a chance to introduce itself before it leaves the grill) with some grilled asparagus and potatos ala Harry (chunk em, toss in some bell pepper and onion, coat in olive oil and wrap in foil, place on grill).

Even gonna eat outside, and the patio heater is ready to go. Is it spring already (newp).

Smothered Pork Chops.....
Rice.....
Green Beans seasoned with country ham....
Yellow Squash......
Bread & Butter Pickles....
Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

Weather is gorgeous here too, but I'd have to wade through some pretty deep snow to get to the BBQ. Not happening! So, chicken stir fry it is. Lots of extra peapods in there cuz I have to use them up!

Third time's a charm! Finally made burgers cooked in my CI pan. Yummy! AND very messy in spite of the fact I used my splatter screen. Will think this one over really hard before I do it again... Danged glass-top range.:mad: But they must have been good...disappeared before I had a chance to snap a pic. Made home-made oven french fries to go with.

Third time's a charm! Finally made burgers cooked in my CI pan. Yummy! AND very messy in spite of the fact I used my splatter screen. Will think this one over really hard before I do it again... Danged glass-top range.:mad: But they must have been good...disappeared before I had a chance to snap a pic. Made home-made oven french fries to go with.
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got your burger!!

oooooooooo yummy!! no pics?
NO..I've been lazy with that lately. It seems that either Mark or both of us want to eat so soon that I don't get a chance or think to snap a picture. I'm going to try to change that though. It kinda looked like this, but it had green beans.
img_871999_0_2106115cfab8132c49a58f25829f55a0.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom