Dual Purpose Kitchen Appliances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
WOW, almost broke my arm patting myself on the back and giving myself ata-girls.......I have been wanting a panini machine for the longest time but just could not justify $100 for a single purpose kitchen toy. Came up with a wonderful idea and it worked. By using parchment paper, I turned my heart waffler into a panini machine. I used the ciabatta bread, put the meat and cheese inside, brushed the outside with EVOO, wrapped in parchment paper and put it in the waffle iron, and WALLA, a panini with waffle marks instead of grill lines, so what. It was delcious and I saved $100. I used the parchment paper because I did not know what the EVOO or melted cheese or meat juices would do to the waffle iron, probably nothing as it is non stick.

Good idea norge. I just use my George Forman mini grill to make my panini sandwiches

wasabi said:
Good idea norge. I just use my George Forman mini grill to make my panini sandwiches

Another great idea, wasabi, I do not have a GF but if I did I would try it too. See we both smart.

img_67135_0_dd5123a6196e86a7449435a7803122f9.gif

That reminds me of these great sandwichis I really miss... the "torta ahogada" or drowned sandwich. It's a pressed sandwich much like a cuban one only it has pulled pork stewed in tomatos inside with some fresh sliced purple onion, shredded lettuce and such.

Any way's this is put in a bowl and drenched in spicy pepper broth, sometimes acompanied by an egg that has been boiled in this broth. Amazingly good stuff. If I can find a recipy I'll forward it to you now that you have great sandwich making gear.

When I make myself a panino I don't put any oil of any kind on the outside - which is kind of the "magic" of the sandwich - has a great grilled flavor without added fat - parchment paper is a great idea as a panini grill allows you to brush the crumbs down and out the side.

I have grilled steaks and veggies also on my panini grill with much success. I haven't done chicken yet - I guess I keep forgetting!!! :oops: I'm probably going to flatten a breast and try it that way - wouldn't take long AT all!!!!!

I about choked right after I typed that!!!! LOL I thought to myself - well at least we don't get grill marks from those machines yet!!!!!! LOL

kitchenelf said:
When I make myself a panino I don't put any oil of any kind on the outside - which is kind of the "magic" of the sandwich - has a great grilled flavor without added fat - parchment paper is a great idea as a panini grill allows you to brush the crumbs down and out the side.

I have grilled steaks and veggies also on my panini grill with much success. I haven't done chicken yet - I guess I keep forgetting!!! :oops: I'm probably going to flatten a breast and try it that way - wouldn't take long AT all!!!!!

way to go, kitchennisse, good idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom