What's for Dinner Saturday Jan. 23rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I don't know yet what I'll do for dinner, I'm thinking quick grab type food. Quesadillas, wraps or maybe even potato skins on the menu. Our youngest is having her birthday bash tonight so the only thing I'm SURE of is the birthday cake!

Beef roast...

Christening My New Le Creuset

dsc_00082.jpg

dsc_0015.jpg

dsc_0020.jpg

dsc_0034.jpg

Jet, that looks yummy. How are you planning to serve the beef? We did roast beef melts last night that were killer.

I was thinking sandwiches, but I hadn't thought about using cheese on them. I may have to see what kind of cheese I can scrounge up in the refrigerator.

I was thinking sandwiches, but I hadn't thought about using cheese on them. I may have to see what kind of cheese I can scrounge up in the refrigerator.

I just toasted a couple of bagels, tossed some butter and garlic in a pan, brushed the garlic butter on the bagels, piled up the beef and then put some grated mozza on top. We like pepper jack or jalapeno jack on these too. Then I just tossed some flour in with the leftover butter and garlic, made a roux and thinned with some beef broth. Poured that over the melts and called it delish!

If you try it let me know what you did. I'm always looking to tweak.

Jet, I have a pot like that and absolutely LOVE it! Bet you start to plan your menus around that pot!

I'm planning on chicken with stuffing. Have some dry breads to use up, and will add mushrooms to the stuffing. Got lots of veggies at the new grocery store yesterday, so we'll probably have an assortment with the chicken. Either that...or I'll send DH out for pizza.;) But I gotta cook...I gotta cook...I gotta cook...

I just toasted a couple of bagels, tossed some butter and garlic in a pan, brushed the garlic butter on the bagels, piled up the beef and then put some grated mozza on top. We like pepper jack or jalapeno jack on these too. Then I just tossed some flour in with the leftover butter and garlic, made a roux and thinned with some beef broth. Poured that over the melts and called it delish!

If you try it let me know what you did. I'm always looking to tweak.

Pepperjack sounds good, but unfortunately the last of it went into the omelet that I had for lunch.

Hot dogs with fried onions, Root Beer and maybe french fries if I can find my fryer in the big kitchen pile that used to be my living room (never ending renos).

The beef sandwiches sound good though.

The kitchen is closed! We are leaving for Aruba tomorrow morning and I'm already on vacation!

Tonight is going to be Chinese take-out. Then we can pick up breakfast and a sandwich for lunch at the airport. The food at the airport is miles better than the food on the plane.

Bourbon.....
Oysters...Raw & Fried
Shrimp....Boiled & Fried
Specked Trout & Stripped Bass Fried.....
Salad...
Bread.....
Chocolate Ice Cream......

Have a buddy coming over tonight whose dad is pretty ill. He needs a break so I'm cooking for him. Starting off with martinis, then crab stuffed mushrooms, lettuce wedge with Blue Cheese dressing, fingerling roasted potatoes, baked tomatoes with parmesan, mixed grill of steak, chicken and sausage followed by cigars and Oklahoma City / Cleveland basketball and probably a bottle or two of wine.

Dogfish Head Brewery! My favorite local spot. But I'm also cooking up some sitr-fry so the meat doesn't go bad... saving for lunch tomorrow.

Salmon. Continuing my effort to eat healthier. I am going to marinate the salmon in teriyaki sauce and bake in the oven. Or does anyone have any other suggestions? I have only cooked salmon one other time and I hated it. So, I am giving it a try again. With the salmon I was going to roast squash and onions and have a Caesar salad.

Last edited:
Salmon. Continuing my effort to eat healthier. I am going to marinate the salmon in teriyaki sauce and bake in the oven. Or does anyone have any other suggestions? I have only cooked salmon one other time and I hated it. So, I am giving it a try again. With the salmon I was going to roast squash and onions and have a Caesar salad.

I have a killer recipe for a marinade. I'm not that fond of teriyaki on salmon myself

Marinade
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup rye whiskey
1 Tbsp. molasses
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. each salt and pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced

Instructions:
To prepare salmon: Remove head, tail and fins from salmon. Run a sharp knife down the backbone until salmon opens flat. Place flesh side down in a large dish. Remove backbone.
Combine marinade ingredients, mix well and pour over salmon. Marinate overnight (or an hour or so) in refrigerator.
When ready to grill, remove salmon from marinade and place skin side down on heavy foil. Barbecue until flesh is opaque and flakes easily, 20-30 minutes.

The other option that we all like is to pour about a half a bottle of Kraft's Roasted Red Pepper salad dressing on it, wrap in foil and bake. LOL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom