What's For Dinner 02/17/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
something to do with pork chops and sweet potatoes...the chops are from a home raised pig and range from beautiful center cut to not so beautiful..not sure how I will prepare them..

Bone in chicken legs and thighs seared in a pan, then maybe finished in the oven with bbq sauce. Not totally sure yet though. Any suggestions?

Lent starts today, so we'll do meatless. DH had a recipe he brought into the marriage, taught it to me...and that's the last time he made it!:LOL: Talk about easy: one can each of cream of mushroom soup, Veg-all (use liquid), tuna (I sometime use two), and a cup (or more, to taste) of Minute Rice*. Mix, bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes, and eat. If you want you can sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top for the last five minutes. I like mine moist; DH likes his dryer - so I take my share out and add more rice to his...and we each eat out of our own baking dish!
*Use the white rice...the whole grain doesn't really cook up and you have crunchies.

I did a homemade version of shake and bake pork chops. I used Italian bread crumbs and added some garlic, onion, salt, pepper and smoked paprika then baked them. We had steamed broccoli along side.

Hamburger Steak, Sauteed Onions and Gravy.
Mashed Potatoes
Leftover Succotash

I used Bubba Burgers. In another forum I belong to they were really hyped up. I did not like them, they are too dense for a sandwich burger. They make a great hamburger steak though! Bubba has several different varieties. I think I will try some others.

tuna casserole with green beans and bread-n-butter
This was made with rice, instead of noodles and topped with cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.

img_879414_0_b925d6b3c6ee419162c96741225a9a55.jpg

img_879414_1_5c72aa5625144218c623031c5da95271.jpg

I missed posting this. I made cream of mushroom soup and a salad with figs and Roquefort.

Attachments

• soupnsalad01.jpg
    soupnsalad01.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 161
Back
Top Bottom