Appetizer Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbqchick

Assistant Cook
Hi all, I've been invited to dinner and asked to bring an appetizer. They are serving Coq au Vin. What would compliment that dish as an appie? Thanks

Baked Brie would go well with the main dish.

Wheel of Brie cheese (You can get a big one available at Costco or Sams)
Preserves of your choice (I like Raspberry)
Handful of nuts toasted and chopped (I like walnuts)
Readymade puff pastry (Pepperidge Farm is available in any grocery stores freezer section)

Take the puff pastry sheet out and roll it out so it's large to cover the wheel of brie. Place the brie on the puff pastry. Smear some preserves over the brie and then sprinkle the walnuts. Wrap it in the pastry (bring the pastry ends together to cover the entire brie) and bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven at 300.

Cut a section and Serve at room temperature with thinly sliced baguette or crackers of your choice

My first though is roasted asparagus wrapped in prosciutto? It can be servered warm or room temperature..

my daughter went to a wine tasting and hors d'oeuvre party last night. said will call tomorrow with all the skinny on the food. she was on way to second job when she called. she did mention a scallion olive dipping sauce, that was wonderful. will post more.

Back
Top Bottom