How Do You Drink Your Coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik

Sous Chef
At almost 33 years old...I'm JUST starting to drink coffee. Working two jobs...ya gotta stay alert. I take mine with Splenda, and a touch of heavy cream.

Oh yeah...at home at night...I'll take a good decaf with a little Bailey's Irish Cream and Jameson Whiskey.

Mudbug I knew I liked you for a reason (ok actually a million reasons) :)

When I started drinking coffee I would take it with extra cream and extra sugar. It was more like a coffee milkshake. After I got used to that, I cut our the cream and just used sugar. Not long after that I went black. Once I did this I was finally able to taste what the coffee tasted like.

aw shucks, geebs, that's nice!

I just don't like sweet drinks much. And I agree that coffee should taste like coffee, not coffee-flavored "something else."

i like my coffee like i like my women (no, not black and strong, sorry choc :D ), but rather petite and italian. the only coffee i will occasionally drink is espresso. can't stand regular coffee. my brother used to hold me down and breathe bad morning (before brushing teeth) and coffee breath in my face when i was a kid, so i can't stand the smell of coffee and cream. but, for some odd reason, i like the slight bitterness of espresso, especially with a little something sweet after a big meal...

mudbug said:
all black, all the time

See? I knew we were related!

Me, too. And I like mine strong, with an attitude! Ever try Louisiana's chicory? Geez, that's good!

With milk. I always drank it black until my third pregnancy. No explanation, it's just the way it is.

Dutch coffee is nice and strong, but not as strong as espresso. We have a Senseo coffee machine. I think they are available in The States. It leaves a kind of creamy layer across the top. Delicious!

Pam

Audeo said:
Ever try Louisiana's chicory? Geez, that's good!

But of course, dahling. I ask mom to bring me up a can every time she visits. I can take a little less "attitude" in my coffee, but I love the chicory flavor.

Alix, your coffee jones is well documented! I just can't drink anymore it after about 3 cups in the a.m. only, unless it's after a big heavy dinner out. Then I will take a nice cup of restaurant coffee with my incredilby rich and gooey dessert.

Tim Horton's Decaff with creamer...although Margaret got me "Second Cup" "Royal Blend Decaff", which is very good, too...

Horton's coffee has a taste all its own, and is "coffee of choice" in Hamilton Wentworth, where the Hortons chain started...

I have never touched instant coffee, never will either. I think I would rather suck on an old sock drenched in water :).

However when I'm out and about I usually drink either a long back, mocha or flat white. And when I'm at home (or munching on some nice greek sweets in a greek cafe) I usually make myself a greek coffee. It's a very different taste to the Italian style expresso coffee.

I drink mine with plain 'ol 1% milk. No sugar.

I think one of the best pairings for coffee (besides mornings) is when you have a perfect tiramisu on the plate in front of you.

Haggis said:
However when I'm out and about I usually drink either a long back, mocha or flat white.

What is a flat white?

jkath said:
I drink mine with plain 'ol 1% milk. No sugar.

I think one of the best pairings for coffee (besides mornings) is when you have a perfect tiramisu on the plate in front of you.

Haggis said:
However when I'm out and about I usually drink either a long back, mocha or flat white.

What is a flat white?

I believe it is floated milk not foam.

Like mud, Alix, and Norges, I like mine black.

If I'm treating myself I'll get (or make) a skinny cafe au lait or in the summer an iced coffee with milk and sweetener.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom