My Name is Lee! Try Risotto Cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brwnlw

Assistant Cook
Hi all. I'm a new member. I found your forum by googling "reheating risotto" and found a thread, but it had expired. Almost every comment there either guessed at ways to do it or said it couldn't be done successfully. I agree with the latter. However, risotto cakes are the answer to leftover risotto! See my recipe for them at my food blog, www.mancooking101.com. Not only are they easy and tasty, but they can be reheated the third day. :chef:

I took a look at your site. It is impressive. I look forward to seeing your recipes here. Like you, I love to cook, and to share what I know with others, and learn new things from everyone. This is a great place to do that. Welcom to DC.

Seeeeeya; Godweed of the North

Certified chef is just the websites designation indicating how many posts someone has. Goodweed is a great chef, but he isn't doing it for a living.

Thanks much!

I appreciate the information. What a rookie I am. And what a deceiving title. :)

No wonder I'm listed as assistant cook. I couldn't figure out where that came from.

Lee

Imust be behind everyone else - I'd never heard of risotto cakes until I saw Ina make them yesterday. I'm looking forward to them in the future.

Certified chef is just the websites designation indicating how many posts someone has. Goodweed is a great chef, but he isn't doing it for a living.

I may be a great cook (and that depends on who you talk to:LOL:) , but am chef only of my own kitchen. A chef, by definition, is a supervisor in some capacity of other cooks. The word strictly translated means chief. So a professional chef is chif of his/her kitchen, or chief cook. I am not that, except as I say, in my kitchen, or when I'm catering something for a friend, and then only on a temporary basis.

But I do have to admit, I love to cook, and can pretty much improvise a pretty great meal on very short notice, and with whatever is on hand at the time. That comes from lots of practice in such things.;)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom