What's For Dinner Wed, Apr 7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrillingFool

Head Chef
Picked up some Spinach ravioli, going to create a roasted red and yellow pepper sauce for them, and roast a bit of asparagus while I'm at it.
Not sure what else, still contemplating it all.....

we are just on day two of our Easter ham....I just rustled it around on the counter and froze two packages of slices, put one package of sliced ham in the frig and bagged the bone for a soup coming up real soon...expecting below freezing temps in a few days....

probably will have another round of scrambled eggs with ham and asparagus, rounded up 6 spears this morning, most of the crowns are not producing yet..

How thick are those wild asparagus shoots? Are asparagus beetles a problem out your way? If the shoots can be harvested a little longer the first 6 to 12 inches are still quite tender and the remaining 6 to 12 inches can be peeled and used to make a nice soup.

How thick are those wild asparagus shoots? Are asparagus beetles a problem out your way? If the shoots can be harvested a little longer the first 6 to 12 inches are still quite tender and the remaining 6 to 12 inches can be peeled and used to make a nice soup.

These are not wild asparagus, Mr. Gibbons! I realize a post I made yesterday may have sounded like I was stalking the wild verson. I have a 1 to 3 year old bed that I replanted over three years where my old bed was. Yes, the asparagus beetles are a problem. I search for them daily and squish the larval worms, but if they get away from me, or I don't find them all, then I dust with rotonone. I am cautious in harvesting from the relatively new bed, until the crowns become established.

Good for you. My bed was a blessing. It lasted for about 25 years. Freshly harvested they can be much sweeter than most store bought. They were harvestable from mid- April or late April through the end of June. I grew them from seed in sandy soil and they were producing quite well after 4 years. Always left a few shoots to nourish the roots.

Bourbon....
Grilled P-Chop
Refrigerator Scraps........
Chocolate Ice Cream........

Uncle Bob, I would take your refrigerator scraps any day! Never know when their might be some chied fricken, hush puppies, etc. :pig:

I pulled out a couple of pastas I made for the freezer a while ago - lasagna for Dad and Cannelloni for me. We are finishing the grouting on the back-splash tile in the kitchen so I am not doing much cooking today. But getting this reno done will be worth it!

Have a chuck roast in the crock pot. Don't have the sides figured out yet. Maybe some rice and cheesy veggies.

Back
Top Bottom