Mario Batali Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mollyanne

Flour Child
When adding wine to his recipe...
"Let's gild the lily some more" ~ Mario Batali

Mario Batali's "Malto Mario" and a Food Network Special about the opening of his first restaurant was peppered with witty remarks and creative expression from Mario. Yet, when googling memorable quotes for him I found nothing that showed his remarkable wit and playful expression.

Unfortunately, I saw very few of his shows before he was gone. But I do remember some that I can share here and hopefully others can.

I gotta tell you Mollyanne i've been to a few a his restaurants (along with my husbands) when I visit NYC, but for the life of me cannot think of any quotes...

Now Rachael Ray I can think of many...

Maybe too much Pinot Grigio tonight with dinner :LOL::LOL: I will so have to give this some thought...

Thank you for your efforts...post Pinot Grigio that is :LOL:
I knew this would be a labor-intensive thread since I couldn't find anything using google. But some Mario Batali quotes deserve to be recognized.

When he created his line of sausages, after some taste tests, he said:

"I was looking for a little bit
of Coriander sunshine" ~ Mario Batali

~~And~~~

"It's a lot of sausage to taste but,
damn it, we're doing it for America" ~ Mario Batali

:LOL:

Thankyou, velochic. There were a lot of interesting thoughts there.

I remember when Mario was checking on the construction progress of his first restaurant, his deadline was being challenged by many problems. When asked what he thought of how everything was going he said,

"It's not as bad as my nightmares,
it's not as good as my dreams" ~ Mario Batali

On opening night, just as the doors were being opened for the first time, Mario looked at the camera and said,

"It's time to dance. Are you ready for love?" ~ Mario Batali

"When you finish it off with Chicory, you know you're dancing at the feet of your Lord...pure bliss." ~ Mario Batali

I'm not sure what dish he was making at the time he said this...perhaps his Chicory Soup: Cicoria Seduta

This one is random but I love it!
"Brandade de morue is dried salt cod, they whip it up with olive oil and they cook it in melted garlic and it looks like mashed potatoes. But it's salt cod and the weirdness of salt cod goes away, and suddenly you're in a place where the deliciousness of having been poor is suddenly forgotten and the righteousness of that food becomes the most evident thing."
That quote is exactly what I'm looking for here SavoryTV, so thank you...I loved it too! Here's another:

"Tastes like the wheatfields high above the Veneto" ~ Mario Batali

:)

...and another:

"When determining how much cheese to add to your fish dish you must ask yourself...Has the cheese challenged the integrity of the fish?" ~ Mario Batali

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom