TNT Stuffed Mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I love stuffed mushrooms as does my whole family. This makes enough for 8, but here it will be gone before I can blink so I plan to double it.
Original serving 8
remove the stems from 1 lb. med sized mushrooms, chop finely and set aside. Melt 2 Tab. butter in skillet and when foaming starts to subside, add mushroom caps and saute over med. heat about 2 min.Combine 3 oz, of cream cheese, 1 oz. blue cheese,mushroom stems, 2 Tab. chopped onion, and 1/4 tea. fines herbs.Mix well, stuff the caps dust with paprika and broil til bubbly.
enjoy,
kadesma

Last edited:
That sounds amazing, Kadesma! We had some blue-cheese stuffed mushrooms at a semi-local restaurant that were really good. I think they had crab-meat in them too, not sure. I've slept since them. :wacko:

That sounds amazing, Kadesma! We had some blue-cheese stuffed mushrooms at a semi-local restaurant that were really good. I think they had crab-meat in them too, not sure. I've slept since them. :wacko:
Thanks Connie, they are very good. Easy too.
kades

Thanks, Kades, I have made many variations of stuffed mushrooms but I like the flavours in these - will certainly give them a try! And I will make the original recipe for 8, but too bad so sad I will be the only one in my household that eats them! :pig:

Laurie,I love mushroom as do all of my thundering herd So I'm always looking for new tasty ways to fix mushrooms.What's one of your favorites?
kades;)

I think this is one of my most favourite when it comes to stuffed mushrooms.

Take about 36 medium mushrooms, remove the stems and chop them up. Scramble fry about 1/2 loose mild Italian sausage meat and the mushroom stems until the pink is gone from the sausage. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp flour and mix it in. Add 1/4 cup fine bread crums and 1/4 cup of pizza sauce. Stir until mixture comes to a boil and take off heat. Stuff mushroom caps and arrange on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle each cap with a little finely grated mozzarella and bake in 400 degree F oven for about 12 minutes. Like a little mushroom pizza without the crust!

I think this is one of my most favourite when it comes to stuffed mushrooms.

Take about 36 medium mushrooms, remove the stems and chop them up. Scramble fry about 1/2 loose mild Italian sausage meat and the mushroom stems until the pink is gone from the sausage. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp flour and mix it in. Add 1/4 cup fine bread crums and 1/4 cup of pizza sauce. Stir until mixture comes to a boil and take off heat. Stuff mushroom caps and arrange on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle each cap with a little finely grated mozzarella and bake in 400 degree F oven for about 12 minutes. Like a little mushroom pizza without the crust!
Thanks Laurie. I do one that is almost the same, just didn't try any pizza sauce. will do that it sounds great.
kades

So, Uncle Bob, would you care to share a favourite method?

Big "Shrooms.. Remove stems and chop fine...
Mix with some bread crumbs melted butter, Cajun/Creole or Old Bay seasoning....
Add lots of crab meat....mix gently...
Stuff caps....
Run them through the oven for jes a jiffy!

Enjoy!

In addition to crabmeat, I sometimes stuff large de-stemmed blanched mushroom caps with escargot (1 snail per cap) & cover liberally with garlic-parsley butter before shooting them into the oven for a quick broil. Serve with a good crusty baguette to soak up all those terrific garlicy juices.

In addition to crabmeat, I sometimes stuff large de-stemmed blanched mushroom caps with escargot (1 snail per cap) & cover liberally with garlic-parsley butter before shooting them into the oven for a quick broil. Serve with a good crusty baguette to soak up all those terrific garlicy juices.
Emmm sounds good. Thanks for the idea.
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom