Name that food...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look at GG's post right above mine. It said you ADD it to mashed avocado! That's how I can guess guacamole seasoning! :chef:

Nope. Hmmm, tougher than I realized :) It's hard to give another hint without giving it away. How's this? Add it to a mashed vegetable and you get a nice dip.

Look at GG's post right above mine. It said you ADD it to mashed avocado! That's how I can guess guacamole seasoning! :chef:
LOL "mashed" vegetable. I was thinking potatoes. and it sounded good!! LOL

just to be a pita, an avocado isn't a veggie. it's a fruit.

Botanically speaking, most things we call vegetables are really fruits. Tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers. etc.
Anything with seeds/pits are fruits? Am I right? thats why I was thinking potato and it was sounding great!! I was thinking it may have been one of those mashed tater add ins. Do they even still have those in the produce isle any more? I haven't seen them in awhile but I really haven't been looking for them. they had bacon and cheddar and sour cream and chive versions that were great. Sorry to hijack the thread.

yep, they still have tater toppings. dw buys a bacon and herb one that's tasty.

and yes, a food that is part of the seed from a plant is technically a fruit. but it's not an absolute thing. heck, bananas are fruit, but are from an herb plant. :wacko:

ok, back to ss's "name that food".

Since SS seems to not be here, does anyone mind if I give this a try?

sugar
ginger
fruit pectin
citric acid

How in the world did you do that so quick? I was sure people would say candied ginger first. MK you got it right on the nose! You are next!

Yes, if you know the stuff and love it (I do too), it is pretty easy to figure out. But I find a lot of people don't know it exists!

I am looking forward to your list of ingredients!

Eggs
shredded meat (your choice)
celery
mushrooms
bean sprouts
onion
sherry
pepper
oil

chicken broth
ketchup
soy sauce
salt
flour

this is a rather neat subject. :)
i'm gonna scour my pantry for an obscure item, then post that.

Back
Top Bottom