Trying to use every part of the beet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danpeikes

Senior Cook
I am going to make a cold beet salad for a lunch this weekend. I am thinking about sauteeing the the greens for dinner tonight. Are the stalks good for anything?

I know people use them but why. Using regular letuce is bad enough, beets are even worse.

There a lot of recipes sugesting to saute them, with onions, garlic, seasoning, some balsamik vinegar sounds good.

Make sure to wash them well and check, probably have to soak it, just like letuce they may have bugs.

I do believe the tops and stem are good for compost...:LOL:
Selkie, I love them. But with any greens you need to be a fan. I sometimes just steam and then add evoo and red wine vinegar..yummy
kadesma:)

Selkie, I love them. But with any greens you need to be a fan. I sometimes just steam and then add evoo and red wine vinegar..yummy
kadesma:)

Not having tried them before, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, particularly since I love red wine vinegrette on greens such as spinach, mustard and kale even though I can't have them any more. (No vitamin K greens while taking warfrin - ugh!)

Not having tried them before, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, particularly since I love red wine vinegrette on greens such as spinach, mustard and kale even though I can't have them any more. (No vitamin K greens while taking warfrin - ugh!)
I'm sorry about the Warfarin. Be ok and take care.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom