KitchenAid 10 piece set or Calphalon 10 piece set? Advice please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
both companies produce several lines of cookware from pricey and heavy duty to inexpensive and frankly less well made. So it depends on which line or set you are looking at, and also what are your expectations? What are your cooking needs? Both companies make good products.

could use some more info. clad Stainless, non stick, hard anodized? which set are you looking at??

I am using All Clad Stainless 3 ply. Very even heat distribution, easy to clean if you use a product called "Bartenders Friend" to clean and polish. They won't make a good cook out of a bad cook but they sure make things easier. They are sturdy with well designed handles that stay cool. I had some Cuisinart pots and the handles got scorching hot even on a low flame. If you can, check out Cooks Illustrated March/April 2010 for a review of 8 large saucepans. All Clad stainless came out on top. I have used just about every brand name pot and pan on the market including some pricy copper stuff and like All Clad the best. They are not cheep but they are top quality, work well and will last a lifetime.

You won't get any dispute from me about AllClad. It is excellent cookware. (And it would be my recommendation) However, the post was between two brands. They're pretty even depending on the line being advertised, but we don't have that info.

Get something made in the USA, France, or Belgium. You won't be sorry. The two brands you mention were once well respected but are now made out of the country and won't hold up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom