What time of day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I really don't know where to put it, but I'm sure someone will move it for me.

When you entertain, that is to say more than two or three people, what time of day do you like? Say you're doing something for a half-dozen to ten people.

I tend to like a brunch, lunch or an early dinner (that is to say 2-4 p.m.) so that I can be cleaned up and go to bed at a reasonable hour. How many of you are night-owls and actually have supper at 7 or 8?

We typically entertain at dinnertime.

If I'm tired and want to go to bed, the dishes politely wait until morning.

Usually, I quickly load and turn on the DW while SO refrigerates any leftovers then we sit and relax for a bit and go to bed. I have no issue with waking up and doing last night's pots and pans.

For us it depends on age group. Older people(80<) and the younger ones(8>) like to eat early, 5-5:30ish. Our kids' friends(teen) eat all the time.:LOL:

I like people outta my house by 8 so we can relax, clean up and ask ourselves why we invited some of those idiots.;):LOL:

We also like to entertain at dinner time, usually after 7pm. But that's not to say the guests start arriving several hours early to sample my fabulous finger foods right out of the grill over some good brew. ....lol...

We also like to entertain at dinner time, usually after 7pm. But that's not to say the guests start arriving several hours early to sample my fabulous finger foods right out of the grill over some good brew. ....lol...

roadfix said it best, however it's my fabulous finger foods not his :LOL::LOL: Entertaining is always an big ta do with me and mine and we are usually having coffee with the sun... :):):)

For me/us, it depends somewhat on the time of the year.

In the summertime, it's nice to entertain in the late afternoon and enjoy the long span of daylight.

In the wintertime/cooler months, we prefer dinner entertaining. I especially enjoy relaxing around the table or in the living room after dinner with coffee or after dinner drinks as we talk and wile away the time. At those times, it's not unusual to discover that it's well after 11 p.m. and past most of our bedtimes.:rolleyes:

For me/us, it depends somewhat on the time of the year.

That's true. It is dependent on the time of the year. I enjoy late hours out in the patio during the summer months, inviting some of my cigar smoking friends and relatives. I don't smoke.
Hopefully I'll be doing a lot more entertaining this summer once my pompeii brick oven is completed. It's currently under construction. I'll be throwing a lot of stuff in there to cook besides pizza and bread.

After I asked this question, I wound up inviting a neighbor over spontaneously for dinner. Love him dearly, but I always have to ask him to leave. One reason among many that I prefer to entertain more early than late. One time (not him) I threw the infamous eleven hour brunch. My guests are always, and I do mean always, very generous; when they leave I have more food and booze than I know what to do with. So I can't much complain. But I hate to think what a party would be if I started at 7.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom