ISO breakfast-type casserole info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
so.....
i'm inadept when a casserole is concerned. from recipes i've glimpsed thru, i was gonna make this:
-red taters, medium-dice/unpeeled/parboiled/seasoned
-bulk sausage, cooked/crumbled
-can of grn. chiles, drained
-cheddar shreads for topping/layering

i've got that together. eggs, though. i want scrambled eggs in there & i'm lacking insight on ways that they could be incorporated yet stay fluffy. i'm topping my casserole either via bisquik or a corn bread, & i'm adamently opposed when baking is involved. info on this would be very appreciated, thanks~!
also! i would luv blending the taters into a cream-of type soup thinned using milk.

alix-i would prefer the eggs be a separate layer rather than a binding ingredient, although if there was a feasable way of combining them into the dish in another way, i'm interested!

Its kind of tough to do. If you want the eggs as a separate layer you need to cook them a bit to hold them together. If you do that and then put the other stuff in layers you will need to finish the cooking and then you run the risk of overcooking the eggs.

With what you have there, I would saute the sausage, potatoes, onions whatever, until mostly done. Then I'd add the chiles, and whip the eggs in a separate bowl and pour them over the meat and taters. Top with cheese and bake for a bit to solidify the eggs.

If you want to layer them...hmm...I'd maybe toss about a 1/2 cup of Bisquick in with the egg mixture. Cook that until its starting to firm but is still a bit liquidy, top with the sausage and potato mixture, cover with cheese and bake.

Good luck luvs, let us know what you did and how it turned out.

great pointers! thanks, alix.
i'll post after i cook this & give an overview. saturday, or during the week if i get a few.

Back
Top Bottom