Turkey Cutlets with Smoky Black Bean Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Here's the recipe I tried last night--it was fantastic! I served it with sweet corn cake (http://www.discusscooking.com/viewtopic.php?t=7504), and a tossed salad with mexi-ranch dressing. Instead of the corn cake, low-fat or baked tortilla chips would be excellent, too. I didn't have liquid smoke, so make it without, and think it would be great either way!

1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
Dash of ground red pepper
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 teaspoon barbecue smoked seasoning (such as Hickory Liquid Smoke)
2 tablespoons butter
8 (2-ounce) turkey breast cutlets
1/8 teaspoon salt
Cooking spray

Combine first 9 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes. Stir in smoked seasoning; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
While sauce cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle turkey with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add turkey to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with sauce.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cutlets and 1/2 cup sauce)

CALORIES 291 (23% from fat); FAT 7.3g (satfat 3.9g, monofat 1.6g, polyfat 1.2g); PROTEIN 34.7g; CARBOHYDRATE 19.7g; FIBER 7.4g; CHOLESTEROL 85mg; IRON 3.9mg; SODIUM 617mg; CALCIUM 67mg;
Cooking Light, DECEMBER 2004

PA Baker said:
Here's the recipe I tried last night--it was fantastic! I served it with sweet corn cake (http://www.discusscooking.com/viewtopic.php?t=7504), and a tossed salad with mexi-ranch dressing. Instead of the corn cake, low-fat or baked tortilla chips would be excellent, too. I didn't have liquid smoke, so make it without, and think it would be great either way!

This sounds great, PA, I love black beans and usually substitute them for other beans in recipes.

They're my favorite too! The sauce is great on it's own, even, as a dip with tortilla chips (my snack before dinner tonight!).

Back
Top Bottom