Norwegian Lace Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
These cookies are awesome and take very little effort to make and they impress everyone.

NORWEGIAN LACE COOKIES

1/2 cup butter (margarine will work, but the butter works better)
1-1/2 cup regular rolled oat meal
1 egg
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbs flour (not a mistake, only 1 tablespoon)

Melt the butter and pour over the oatmeal. Beat egg until light, add sugar and beat until lemon colored. Add baking powder and flour and blend well. Combine with oat meal and butter. Drop by teaspoonfulls onto greased and floured baking sheet at least 2-3 inches apart (*) bake at 350 for 8 minutes or until brown around the edges. Cool one minutes before removing from baking pan, cool on cookie cooling racks. YOu may have to re-grease and flour baking pans. Yield ~2-1/2 dozen

(*) the cookies spread out and are flat and resembling lace when finished so if you put them too close together, you have one large cookie.

norgeskog, did you ever try "shaping" these while still warm to make cups to hold something, such as fruit or pudding? You know, like bending them over the bottom of a juice glass or small bowl until cool? Sounds like these would easily lend themselves to such a presentation.

mudbug said:
norgeskog, did you ever try "shaping" these while still warm to make cups to hold something, such as fruit or pudding? You know, like bending them over the bottom of a juice glass or small bowl until cool? Sounds like these would easily lend themselves to such a presentation.

Yes, I forgot about that, mudbug. Thanks for reminding me of that. I usually made them as gifts during the holidays. But they would make a wonderful holder, as you suggest. A new way for me to eat ice cream.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom