Strawberry Red

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I want to get deep reds or blacks in frosting, I use powdered food colors. They are much more vibrant in a high fat frosting than gels or liquids. Just make sure you dissolve them completely before adding to your finished frosting.

Coincidentally, the cake was just made today. We bought a small jar of Wilton red coloring for the frosting. It was disappointing that we did not get the RED RED RED we wanted. It was more like a dark pink.

Coincidentally, the cake was just made today. We bought a small jar of Wilton red coloring for the frosting. It was disappointing that we did not get the RED RED RED we wanted. It was more like a dark pink.

Did you use the gels??? I've never had a problem with the gels being a true color... Hmmm interesting...

It's actually not finished yet. Still have to put on the seeds and the greens . SO says "no picture" . She doesn't want to immortalize her less successful works on the internet.

I know you've already made the cake (a while ago, I think), but in case anybody else wants to know or your SO wants to try again - I've found with the Wilton gel colours if you want red and not pink, you need to add a little bit of brown or black to darken it so that it hits that strawberry/tomato red colour.

Back
Top Bottom