Sausage burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ingestiblebulk

Assistant Cook
hello, i'm new to the forums, and i thought i'd share a recipe i came up with a while back for public enjoyment, as well as suggestions for improvement. it's a quick way to improve regular hamburgers that's also super cheap.

1 lb hamburger
1 lb sausage
3 cloves garlic
kaiser buns
provolone slices
chili powder

mix the hamburger and sausage (i prefer to use spicy) in a mixing bowl. dice and cook the garlic, then mix into the meat mixture. mold into patties and cook, dusting the tops lightly with chili powder. toast the kaiser buns and melt the provolone onto them. serve and enjoy!

that sounds yummy! I do a simular thing with moosemeat + fat, garlic, and a few other spices... grind it all up together, and either make sausages or freeze it in individual freezer baggies- I use it for Pizza. VERY yummy... :) Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!

While turkey burgers are the norm around here, I'll definitely try adding some bulk turkey sausage to the mix. My only tweak would be that I use granulated garlic in my burger mix, because the burgers cook far too quickly for chopped garlic to cook properly, & one might end up with more raw garlic in the burgers than some folks might like. But that may just be personal taste.

I also add a few liberal dollops of Worcestershire sauce to my burger mix, as well as a liberal sprinkling of McCormicks Monterey Grill Chicken seasoning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom