Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   Privacy/Security tips & faqs for DC members (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/privacy-security-tips-and-faqs-for-dc-members-64709.html)

bigdaddy3k 05-25-2010 02:50 PM

I'm used to being a target.

DaveSoMD 05-25-2010 05:53 PM

I TOLD you to stop wearing that bull's eye shirt! :angel:

Mimizkitchen 05-25-2010 07:02 PM

BD yuk! Ramen is short for sodium in a bowl... Lordy lordy you live in chicago area are there no noodle houses near you that would satisfy your fix??? If not i'm doin a shout out to do a Bigdaddy ramen noodle intervention:rofl::rofl::rofl: We will save you from the nasty noodle planet... :wink::wink:

DaveSoMD 05-25-2010 07:09 PM

I sometimes have my stirfry over Ramen noodles. I don't user the "seasoning" packet, I just cook the noodles.

Mimizkitchen 05-25-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveSoMD (Post 898355)
I sometimes have my stirfry over Ramen noodles. I don't user the "seasoning" packet, I just cook the noodles.

Are you trying to take the target off of you??? :rofl::rofl:

FrankZ 05-25-2010 08:00 PM

Nothing wrong with someone liking ramen noodles. Even with the seasoning packet.

My favorite is the shrimp ones, though the mushroom ones rate as well.

BreezyCooking 05-25-2010 08:19 PM

I LOVE ramen noodles - with or without the seasoning packet. I particularly like the imported ones, which are spicier & have more interesting flavors. However, I always "tweak" them with fresh sliced garlic, scallions, broccoli florets, bok choy, mushrooms, tofu, chili-garlic sauce, black bean sauce - whatever I have on hand. Sodium notwithstanding, it makes for a very tasty, filling, satisfying lunch or light dinner.

Like with everything else we consume - moderation, not abstinence, is key to healthy eating.

bigdaddy3k 05-25-2010 08:42 PM

Actually, I don't buy the regular grocery store Ramen I go to my local Asian market and get the large 4 pack of imported Ramen. Some really excellent quality. As for salt, most packaged foods are high in sodium as it is a cheap preservative.

If I have time I prefer to make my own noodles. But sometimes work puts the whammy on that and I have to go with short cuts.

I often use them to make a different rice pilaf! Very good and very different.

So if you are thinking that I am buying my ramen at Kroger and I am getting them 6 for $1 you are way off course.

Mimizkitchen 05-25-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy3k (Post 898390)
Actually, I don't buy the regular grocery store Ramen I go to my local Asian market and get the large 4 pack of imported Ramen. Some really excellent quality. As for salt, most packaged foods are high in sodium as it is a cheap preservative.

If I have time I prefer to make my own noodles. But sometimes work puts the whammy on that and I have to go with short cuts.

I often use them to make a different rice pilaf! Very good and very different.

So if you are thinking that I am buying my ramen at Kroger and I am getting them 6 for $1 you are way off course.

Good save BD!!! Have you seen that chef vs city episode with the home made noodles for noodle bowls??? I was very impressed... :smile::smile:

FrankZ 05-25-2010 08:47 PM

You can get em 6 for $1? I think ours are 4 for $1.