Another weekend, 5/22! :) your days consist of.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i began by getting my nose pierced (again!:glare:) thanx Mom!!!! ; she bought the piercing for me.
getting a list of food-items & some soap & pens & the likes of.....
attending a baseball game sunday.
rummaging for vintage & antique items.

Too cold and wet for softball so the tournament got cancelled...as did my work! So we spent the day taking out the trash I cleaned out of the closets, buying plants, baking. Its been a lovely saturday so far.

Hot, sunny, 91 degrees outside.
Started out this morning making potato salad to go with the burgers we're having for dinner tonight. Right after that it was just suppose to be exercise in the pool for an hour, rough house in the pool for probably another hour with my son, but had to change that to just relax in the pool while my son entertained himself. A few hours before I went to step over my son, who was laying on the floor with his dog and he brought his leg up and tripped me. I was afraid I was going to step on him and ended up falling into the wall and jamming my arm real hard. I had to do it to the arm with the bad shoulder.
I'm O.K. though, it only hurts when I'm awake and breathing. UGH!!! :wacko:

lazy is the operative word. after cooking for two days for guests, i am pooped. still have to finish cleaning kitchen. i think i will at least pin a nap blanket for my great-granddaughter to use at preschool.off and on watching food network. cloudy and chilly is the order of the day so no yard work. to tired anyway.

I got my peppers planted, and potted up some more hanging baskets. Picked up some Hyssop at the nursery and stopped for ice cream on the way home. Looks like just simple gardening left for the rest of the week, except for planting the hyssop and some peonys and lilacs that I rescued.

I didn't do much today. I did a few loads of laundry, baked a ham for supper (and made the stuff to go with it), entered several sweepstakes, goofed around on Facebook, and fumed about my bank.

:)Barbara

I spent several hours capping my oven this weekend.

Attachments

• P1040515.jpg
    P1040515.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 152
Hey RoadChef, what kind of oven is that? - cool!

I like my new user name....:mrgreen:

I've been working on building a pompeii brick oven out in the patio. Mainly for doing pizza at 800+ degrees, it'll also be used for baking other food items once oven temp cools, including smoking at even lower temps. The oven is wood fired. The thermal mass (firebricks) and ceramic insulation under the floor and over the dome will keep the oven at cooking temps for well over 24 hours after initial firing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom