Strawberry Loaf/Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
1/2 cup margarine/butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup frozen strawberries (one box) minus some of the liquid
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda

Cream butter and sugar together, add in the eggs one at a time and beat well til mixture is homogeneous. Add in the strawberries and mix a bit. Sift in flour and soda and stir only until incorporated. Makes either 1 loaf pan, or about a dozen muffins (depending on your muffin tin - I only get 9). Bake at 350 for about an hour for a loaf and about 15 - 20 for muffins. Check with a toothpick for better time gauge.

Add ins:

1 cup of chopped nuts, or 1 cup choc chips.

I have 3 small clay loaf pans so I did one plain, one with some choc chips and one with some nuts. They are baking now. I'll post with a taste test and a picture if I remember later.

Sounds really good, Alix!!
I'm a lousy baker so I need to ask a question.
I know enough (the hard way) about making substitutions in baking. Grrrr.
I have an abundance of fresh strawberries....how do I substitute fresh berrries for this........

"1 cup frozen strawberries (one box) minus some of the liquid"

You will need to cut up some strawberries and sprinkle sugar liberally over them. Let them macerate for an hour or so and drain off some of the liquid and use them. That would be yummier!

I can't show you pictures because I left them out on the counter to cool and when I got home tonight...well...crumbs are left. All accounts are that it was spectacular. Ken says it is better than banana bread.

Back
Top Bottom