What are you planning to cook for the holiday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niquejim

Senior Cook
I'm doing burgers for 21 friends and family members. I'll grind equal parts brisket, sirloin and chuck short ribs along with 21 slices of bacon which I will grill rare/med rare.
I'm doing 5 different burgers
1: Southwest---with fajita rub,queso blanco, grilled red and poblano peppers and avocado relish
2: Philly cheese steak---garlic salt and pepper, provolone, sauteed onions, mushrooms and peppers
3:BBQ burger---BBQ rub, smoked Gouda, bacon, grilled onions, BBQ sauce and a fried egg
4: Pub burger---salt, pepper, cheddar, bacon, fried egg, lettuce, tomato and onions
5: Black and Blue---Blackened rub, crumbled Gorgonzola and fried egg

along with corn, potato salad, slaw and maybe a shrimp ceviche as an appetizer

Memorial Day

Sounds delicious but holy moly that's a lot of work..when are you going to sit? lol

It's just the 4 of us..i'll prob grill a london broil or some steaks, corn on the cob, and make a pasta salad. Not sure yet!

Chips, dip, Kalamata olive hummus, Burgers, hot dogs, Italian sausage, ranch potato salad with bacon, tossed salad, apricot squares, layer cake (DD's birthday).

I sure wish I was on your guest list Jim!! Sounds just fabulous!!

It will just be the two of us, we're planning on grilled lamb kabobs, but don't know what else yet.

Kim's going to throw a couple of steaks on the grill, and we'll probably have a nice salad with it, since I have all those sugar snap peas.

We are finally doing the sandwiches with the At Albray cheese on a baguette, add sauted mushrooms,carmelized onions,roasted red peppers,dressed with dijon,evoo, stone ground mustard, red wine vinegar plus we will grill a tri-tip, have salad of baby greens,and we are planning a platter of roasted veggies.Starters, are Belgian Endive with blue cheese and walnuts, my dad's avocado with French bread, a platter of meats and cheeses, focaccia..Dessert is an ice cream cake..
kadesma:)

as far as I know, it will just be the 4 of us. We will probably grill burgers.
I might make them our "Luau burgers" which have a grilled pineapple ring and a bit of barbacue sauce on them served on an onion bun

lol, alix, what holiday? don't canadian calendars have american holidays on them? ours show canadian holidays. boxing day, thanksgiving in october, molsen day, bacon day, lord stanley's birthday, summer week, and so on...

saturday night's dinner will be boiled lobsters with clarified butter, nuked spuds, and garlic and evoo sauteed broccoli.

i'm gonna fire up the smoker and smoke something on sunday. possibly turkey legs, or spatchcocked chicken, or pork ribs. i'd love to smoke some trout but need more info on it.

moday's menu is still up in the air. probably grilling. there's cheese and basil luganiga that needs to be cooked, burgers, dogs. i'll probably add corn and pineapple. maybe fish, pineapple, sweet onion, and red peppers kabobs.

Memorial Day. Actually, today we'll have a cook-out. Ribs that I marinade in a kal-bi type marinade. Maybe some corn-on-the-cob if I can find it (definitely too early for local!) and possibly some grilled veggies. I think a friend will come over, but maybe not. Maybe it'll just be the two of us, and that works fine!

Butterflied chicken marinated in garlic, tarragon, red wine vinegar, olive oil, S&P, then grilled... Baby roasted new potatoes, and sauteed spinach with mushrooms... Dessert, who knows...

Back
Top Bottom